Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

I am looking for 2nd car (for my wife).

She will not be driving on long trips by just city driving … picking up kids, dropping them,taking them to sports classes, grocery ..shopped u know. We have 2 kids (8 & 4) and my parents (or hers) visits every other years or so. So 7 passengers is must. Which one would you prefer and why? Or you would go with something other than these 2?

Go for Van if you dont have one already. honda Odyssey is a good one.

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

I also suggest that go for a van. When you have kids care seats inside, sliding door option is nothing but heaven, you can park at tight spots and can take the kids in and out without problems. Plus Vans sit lower and easy for bhabhi and parents to get in and out. SUV’s steps are pretty high and not that convenient. Also, cause 4 wheel SUVs are hard suspension (not all but some), back seat riders feel pretty uncomfortable on long trips.

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

If you don’t like vans, I say go for Honda Pilot. I drive an MRV (pilot in America) around sometimes and it is not that high like the other 4WDs. It is really comfy and can seat 8 people easily. It is a real joy to drive and has a soft suspension. Goes well on humps/bumps etc.

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

You cannot beat sliding door aspect Aisha. I know, I am a SUV fan, but with kids, its always function over form for us.

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

That’s why I said if he is not in to vans then go for Pilot. It’s a great vehicle.

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

I agree with TLK about sliding doors and also, high steps might be a problem for elderly parents. I drive my dad’s highlander sometimes, and the steps are hard for me since I’m a midget to begin with (okay not that hard- but you know). Suspension is not hard though, and its very comfy for long or short drives. I don’t know if its a factor important enough for you, but vans may be cheaper as well.

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

What is this highlander? We don’t have it here. Is it Prado?

Toyota Highlander

2010 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Guide Automotive

Its larger than Prado.

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

Good point for sliding Door TLK. I was really looking into 2009 highlander but will consider van. This brings another point, Odyssey or Sienna?

Personally I am SO hooked to Toyota (yeah even after all current drama of recall). First car I bought in US (12/13 years ago) was Corolla, then Camry and these days I am driving Avalon. Toyota has never disappointed me. Other than once spending on Corolla’s charger, I never have to spend a penny on any repair BUT I like Odyssey’s shape. I have also heard about the Transmission problems of Odyssey. have they fixed it in 2008-2009 models ?

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

Go for the Odyssey!!!

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

Toyota issues are more political than real. Honestly, States and federal govts are suing Toyota just to break the decades long dominance of that brand in Auto industry. If I need a car, and Toyota is offering a good value, I would go for that. And with all the extra incentives and deals, this maybe a good time to buy Toyota, plus their vans were never in question when it comes to that recall.

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

Oh we don’t have it here.

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

Toyota Highlander if you are going for an SUV and TOYOTA SIENNA if you are going for a van, I am not a huge fan of toyota personally but they make awesome cars :k:

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

Why not Land Cruiser? I love LC <3

tail k koonWOON waley mulkoon main LC chal jatee hai yahaan nahee. I can probably afford buying LC but cant afford monthly gas :bummer:

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

Oh yeh it eats up petrol like anything. The lexus version is even bad…

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

D6C have you considered VW TOUAREG or BMW X5

I was all for X5 but my wife aggressively got me off the idea basically because of space problem. We test drove it but It does not have much space … and on top of it … we need min 7 passengers as my or her parents visits us from Pakistan almost every 2nd year. I dont want us drive 2 cars whenever they are here … its NO fun

Re: Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander

Omg she refused an X5! :eek: Hmm… yeh it is sexy but space is like a problem.