Bismillahi-Rahmani-Rahim! (In the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful!)
All praises are due to the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe, the Lord of the Worlds, Who made us Muslims and blessed us with Jihad on His Straight Path!
Endless peace and blessings of Allah be upon the most honoured of Creation hazrat Muhammad Mustafa (SAW), his family friends and companions, and all of those who follow his ways till the Judgement Day! Ameen Sum Ameen!
His Death, My Life
(a true account)
You wonder why I practise now
My story I will tell
I saw the light one Ramadaan
When things were not so well.
I did my worship in this month
Salaah I prayed on time
But in my heart I found no peace
I was still deep in crime.
My duties did I rarely do
Except but once a year
But when the fasts were over done
Allaah I did not fear…
And so the years went by like this
A part-time Muslim, me
But then an incident took place
Which made my two eyes see.
Death approached a Muslim friend
In hospital he went
He knew his life was over now
No time left to repent.
He started weeping - didn’t stop
He felt afraid to go
Terrified to meet Allaah
This made his teardrops flow.
And sure enough his death arrived
It didn’t take that long
One minute he was here, alive
And then forever gone!
It shook me up this whole affair
It made me stop and think
That one day from the cup of death
I too would have to drink…
Terrified, I knew my life
Must change direction now
To Him above I’ll too return
He knows the time and how.
I knew my life was really void
So far from Allaah’s call
One step would make my life complete
If I submitted, all…
Just some days after this man died
My life began to mend
My beauty covered, I stepped out
The old ways were to end.
Nervous yes, but stronger too
Allaah would smooth the way
And sure enough the comments came
But kind words they did say!
And so the months and years went by
Past strains began to cease
By Allaah’s Grace and Mercy too
Inside I now felt peace…
I signal now to those around
This life is not my goal
I’ve chosen now to please Allaah
Until He claims my soul.
Perhaps you now might understand
And learn something from me
His Mercy will embrace our lives
If we live truthfully.
Perhaps you’ll really understand
What I am saying here
It’s Allaah now I long to see
With love and hope and fear…
O you who believe! Enter into Islaam perfectly…
(Sooratul-Baqarah:208)
“I put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He has a grasp of its forelock. Verily, my Lord is on the straight path. (The truth)”
(11:55-56)