help!!pimples!!

Hey Princess21,

What type of pimples do you have? Do you have those little bumps under the skin? Or do you have regular whiteheads/blackheads?

My dermatologist prescribed a pill called Doryx (150MG once a day) and it was the MOST effective in eliminating the under the skin little bumps. You have to be very consistent with this pill. Do not miss any days or doses. You have to have it at the same time every day for 60 days. It is very expensive without insurance.

Another treatment he prescribed is Tazorac (ask for the 0.1% its the better one compared to the 0.05%). This medication works wonders but you have to be VERY VERY patient because it peels the first layer of the skin. You will look like a red tomato but after the 6 to 12 week treatment (depending on how aggressive your acne is) your skin will look amazing. People are starting to use Tazorac because it tightens the skin and reduces wrinkles not just for acne problems.

Before I started using Tazorac, I used to apply a lot of makeup because my skin was very uneven, now because of this medication my skin is evened out and I barely need to apply foundation. After a few weeks of getting used to this medication it will make your skin sensitive, basically you will have a “flushed” effect on your cheeks.

Always wash your face with soaps approved by your dermatologist. Do not go with the Pakistani/Indian techniques because I have tried them and they will irritate your skin further. My dermatologist also stated how just washing your face with lukewarm water is also beneficial (splashing the water around 4 times on your face). I know it sounds dirty but trust me it works because the soap dries your skin and your skin thirsts for water.

I have very sensitive skin so sensitive that if someone were to pinch my cheeks there will be a mark on my skin for several days! They look like broken capillaries and it sucks!

If you need anything else just let me know. :slight_smile: