system
March 25, 2010, 10:23am
10
Oh and a few other things.
I am not materialistic. More out of majboori, than anything else. I dont have much time to shop, and when I do, its work clothes. I haven’t had a fancy shalwaar kameez made in a long time, and I dont even know what’s in fashion anymore with Pakistani clothes.
I am not an airhead waiting for some Mr. to take care of me. I’m already taking care of myself. Not that I don’t need a man. A girl’s gotta take some rides sometimes on the love machine. But quite honestly, my goal in life is not “I have to get married”. My goal is to do something useful for society, and for humanity, and something that makes me happy. I set out to do just that. ** I’m just really jaded now, that’s all.** My goal now in life is "Come home in one piece, don’t have a heart attack by 40 (although that’s not sounding too bad anymore), and just be able to afford some basic food and television (the necessities in life), and watch every 30Rock episode possible.
Oh how our goals change.
I don’t care about “Oo, do I wear a sari, or a shalwaar kameez to that shaadi”. I don’t care “What is my neighbor going to say when she sees me walking home with a man?”. I don’t care that I may be talking to some white guy or black guy or yellow guy, and finding myself in love with him. It’s all good baby. I don’t care about my nailpolish or manicures. I don’t care about growing long hair, because that is what good girls do.
I will NEVER hold a girls’ hand. That’s another thing that makes me very different from Pakistnai born girls. You ladies are too touchy feely.
PCG, you sound like a cool lady, but I am wondering where the extreme dislike for Pakistani girls is coming from. Does that have something to do with whatever has you jaded?