Wow I didn’t know I got on your bad side…if I had known you are akin to some old, white guy who fantasizes about bombing Iran I would have avoided you at all costs.
The US is the ONLY ‘developed’ country that does not offer free health care. It’s not about free riding…it would be free riding if there was NO discrimination to begin with. You must be living in a fool’s paradise to think that ALL the people who are poor, homeless, needy are so because of their own doing. Ever heard of racism, sexism, fascism??? Yes it all exists very much so in this American society. It’s not very straight forward…like it or not! The rich have already been privileged and the poor are further getting submerged into poverty!
Government is not the answer for everything but government is definitely the answer for providing people with BASIC health care! And if that means taxing the rich, then so be it! Have you noticed the increase in gap between the rich and poor ever since Reagan came into power??? You must be so naive to think that insurance companies are these innocent angels providing health care coverage and working so hard to make sure everyone is covered. They are VULTURES! As soon as they find out you have a terminal illness, they pull out the plug and you’re no longer eligible for their coverage.
Damn right the health care insurance needs to be overlooked by the government to PREVENT predatroy behavior by these insurance executives so they can ACTUALLY provide coverage to the people and not be too busy taking home their fat paychecks!
Regulation is MANDATORY. It’s the lack of regulation that brought about the financial crisis! It’s the lack of regulation that has the health care in a big mess. It’s the lack of regulation that has allowed these greedy bank, insurance, and pharma executives to make ridiculous amounts of profits at the expense of laymen!
You might think that that’s your definition of democracy but that’s just outright fascism and serves no one but a select few i.e the top1% of American society! So please take your fascist theories to Palin and maybe you can have coffee with her while you look over Russia from her rooftop but spare me all this crap.
Can you explain why I should pay a higher tax rate, almost deductions or tax credits and yet still be expected to pay even more taxes just because I make over 250K?
I have no problem helping those less fortunate but I do that voluntarily. And when I donate voluntarily I also make sure the money goes where it is needed and is used efficiently.
When the govt takes my money forcibly all that happens is they hire more administrators. The number of people in govt jobs making over 160K has shot up several times over within the past decade.
So most people who think I should pay even more taxes are just frauds