Emotional torturing by father.....

Talking to her cousin was also suggested in her previous thread. She had mentioned that her cousin is aware that she’s not interested in him…but he asked his parents to send for the rishta anyways.

Now, I asked the OP…if perhaps the cousin misinterpreted her sentiments…if he might have assumed that she was teasing/being shy? I mean…you’d think the guy would have more pride (in the event that he did understand her correctly).

Hmm…here’s what I’m thinking. Let’s say that the cousin did understand her rejection correctly…but regardless sent the rishta anyways…and doesn’t back down. If she were to talk to him…and somehow it gets to his parents…and then makes its way to her dad…would that anger her dad further? I DO BELIEVE that if things get worse…if need be…she should make it clearly known to the guy’s parents that she’s not interested. Perhaps his parents will have more pride than him and will back off. But before that step is taken…I think maybe it’s better to talk to the mom first…and then perhaps a trusted elder of the family who can reason with her dad.