Re: Dumbing Down America
I think it is the failed university system that is the problem. In one recent survey the US had only 62 of the top 200 universities world wide. I may be a dumb American, but I think that only represents 31% of the total. And for one country to have almost 1/3 of the world's top universities is very telling indeed.
Seminole, although we do have a lot of fairly dumb highschool dropout or grads as well. That is the group that people look at when they say oh, americans are dumb, while comparing to themselves.
Obviously if they were either comaring themselves to the ppl in top unis, or if they were looking at uneduated villagers in their country and comparing them to our american country bumpkins they may have different conclusions.
Now look, any place where mobs go and burn down KFC because bUsh said something dumb or they were ticked off at what the pope said..the people there dont get really high marks for intelligence.