Donations in the right hands

What is the take on organizations who help out people in Pakistan? Any one dealt with orgs such as The Citizen’s Foundation or Adopt an Orphan program by Islamic Relief?

I guess my main concern is that whatever money I donate, goes into the right hands for the right reasons.

Any one has any info/experiences to share?

Re: Donations in the right hands

I am sure Islamic Relief is a legit org since they advertise on their site a lot of what they do.
I have been using Life for relief and development for quite a few years - www.lifeusa.org and I can vouch for them :k:

Re: Donations in the right hands

last year I educated a child through The Citizens Foundation...it was like 12 bucks a month..i got a receipt too.but frankly i didnt know exactly where my money was going and to what school and city.....so i discontinued my donation..

when i went to that RIS conference, there was a stall from North American Muslim Foundation about sponsering a child..similar to what world vision does....this child can write to you and vice versa..i thought that was good...so now im doing that...its 30 dollars a month....im still waiting for them to send me a pic of that child and her bio (i requested a little girl..)..they said i will receive it by mid-march...

Re: Donations in the right hands

Rukshar and mfs, thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I was hoping for more replies before I make a decision. :)