we wldn’t mind if positive things are also shared..
and blv me.. Pakistan is not about blasts..
i mean we have colleagues visiting here from abroad and they enjoy every single bit of stay here.. they tell us that Pakistan is very different from what is being portrayed on media..
see its not about westernising, and big buildings only.. its about values and culture.. it lags there.. and not here in Pakistan..
I posted this article a few days ago in the Dubai forum. I completely agree with it, being another child of the gulf and having visited Dubai more times than I can count.
Ok I don’t agree much with comparing Pakistan with Dubai . . . haha might be ok to make Pakistani feel a little better , but nothing more than that . Other then that I think these are common features of a capitalist society and shouldn’t come as a surprise .
not really a feature of capitalism. you have capitalism in new york but to compare the culture, literary traditions, intellectual depth of a city like new york to dubai would be ridiculous. you dont find the same mindless consumerism, mall-centric life in every capitalist city/country.
I would say the closest thing to dubai in that respect is Riyadh.
New York is OLD man and wise , Dubai is young . Can’t compare both . But I was referring to the use of money , and lavish life style . Not the culture or intellectual depth .
Nami, yes if we were comparing the infra structure then there is a gap b/w Pakistan and Dubai which cant be filled easily.. but rest assure we were not doing dat..
but if we turn things around, and rephrase that ppl from dubai wld feel really better if only a nominal part of culture and values are adapted by them..