British are the top 'Deshoppers'

Shame shame Ho Hayeee :eek:

Deshopper is a new word added into the dictionary last year

shopper is a person who does shopping

Re: British are the top ‘Deshoppers’

:nono1: Deshopping is bad…but u know, i’m not sure about us being the top ones hehe…recently, American retailers have been stricter on their return policies etc. to reduce product fraud also, since there’s been an increase.

Re: British are the top 'Deshoppers'

Ironic, it almost sounds like Desishopper

Re: British are the top 'Deshoppers'

^ haha, yea at first i thought he meant desishopper.

Re: British are the top 'Deshoppers'

its happened here in saudi...refund and exchnage things have gone from 14 or 7 days to 3 days!!

Re: British are the top 'Deshoppers'

i read it as "Des Hopper", somone hopping/switching their Des (country).

Re: British are the top ‘Deshoppers’

Actually desis arent the only ones, i used to work at a dept store and saw all kinds of people returning things!

Btw I am an impluse shopper and I LOVE the return policies but unfortunately I never save the receipt half the time and that is why i LOVE receipt look-up :love:

Re: British are the top ‘Deshoppers’

kewn? samjhay ke kisi ne aap ke baray mai article likh diya? :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley:

Re: British are the top ‘Deshoppers’

I believe this is also the reason Walmart has gone from big to way too big. They take back almost everything in almost any condition, almost unconditionally. This gives shoppers the peace of mind to buy anything that they see in the store without having second thoughts. Most people once they bring a product home either get too attached to it to return it or just dont bother. I know im one of those suckers :bummer:

Sincerely,
Captain Lota

Re: British are the top 'Deshoppers'

^ Its true. In the long-term a customer friendly return policy results in more revenue increase for the store compared to the costs of accepting returns.

Re: British are the top 'Deshoppers'

True. Burlington Coat factory doesn;t give a refund for returns but only store credit. The last time I bought something from there...never.

Re: British are the top 'Deshoppers'

I say its wrong...No one and I repeat No One can beat desis in de-shopping.

Re: British are the top 'Deshoppers'

I simply dont buy anything that I dont want. Saves me a lot of hassle. I dont want to spend money on petrol & go back to store & return. But I know a paki guy who used this policy & got married in Pakistan, he returned everything after using it on the wedding even his wedding suit.

Re: British are the top ‘Deshoppers’

fugi is so mesmerized with the word desi

:hehe:

Re: British are the top 'Deshoppers'

I was first introduced to this concept in London. Never even considered it before that.

I hate the thought of being the next one to purchase the item when it's been used and then returned to the store shelf for unsuspecting folks to pick up.

Re: British are the top 'Deshoppers'

I never thought desis living abroad are so cheap. But I should give the benefit of doubt here, because it is typical desi mentality to exhibit their inferiority complex every now and then and bad mouth against people of their own race, regardless of facts :p

Over here in Pakistan, deshopping (as defined in dictionary ) is non-existant. The refund/replace/retun policy is there in almost all big stores, But i dont think people buy stuff with specific intentions of using it and returning for refund. Only if product is defective or customers usually replace if they have issues with size, color etc.

Re: British are the top 'Deshoppers'

lol that's how I read it as well

Re: British are the top 'Deshoppers'

ya man