Breaking News....Shoaib Malik Gets Pakistan Captaincy according to "The Nation"'

Re: Breaking News....Shoaib Malik Gets Pakistan Captaincy according to "The Nation"

I have already given name of crickets that deserve to be in team on permanent basis because of their performance. Rest do not deserve to be in team on permanent basis, and can come in and go out of team depending on requirements, situations, and their last few performances.

I believe that any of those players that can make into team on permanent basis due to their performance, can be made Captain, depending on the judgement of cricket management and leader’s capability in the player concerned.

When it comes to country, I have no favourite neither I would like to be bias on basis of personal like/dislike (If that was the case, I wont mind Shoaib Malik as I do not have any favourite in Pakistan team). I believe that in Pakistan, a person should be where they are on capability then Safarish (or illegal means). That is best for the country (even if it may not be best for me or my liking).

My only objection on Shoaib Malik Captaincy is that, I do not believe that his performance is good enough that he deserves to be in test team on permanent basis.

I would prefer a batsman or slow bowler over fast bowler, because fast bowler could get injured and that mean, team more then occasionally playing without their regular Captain.

I would prefer that Pakistan have different test and ODI team, with different Captain leading them. If Pakistan decides to have different team for test and ODI, then Shoaib Malik might scrap through in ODI team on permanent basis. Even that is debatable.

Criteria for a world class player are same for test or ODI. Though some good test players are bad ODI players and some good ODI players are bad test players. That shows that overall they are not good players, as their temperament is not suitable for all occasions. A good player should be able to adjust himself for all occasions.