Reha, I once saw a youtube video of the Imaam of the Khaana Kaaba, he was reciting the Quran on the mic and he read a verse that suddenly made him cry so bad!!! He was literally shivering with fear! I can’t rememeber the exact verse but basically he was crying because he had realised he “wasn’t saved” .
The Imaam of Khaana Kaaba! Who spent like 70% of his life in Allah’s house, making the calls for prayers, reciting the Quran, etc etc etc… realised he was NOT saved!
So I know for a fact that I’m going to hell, dude. I know what I do wrong, I acknowledge when I commit a sin e.g. listening to music.
Saints here on GS, who will not allow anyone to tell them they’re going to hell, even when they’re walking around half naked, drinking, dating, etc etc need to get real with themselves, as u said.
And yes, there is a proper way of daawah. Never raise your voice is the first rule. Followed by, never raise your eyebrows, never criticise, never fight. I certainly disapprove of walking up to somebody in a room full of people and telling them they’re going to hell. I was talking about how even if u write something like XYZ is against islam (for example, valentine’s day) people would eat u for it!