Farrah, I’ve lived in europe for almost a decade…then i felt like moving n thought of UK as a better place. I WAS WRONG big time. Lived in london for 6 months though i went there to settle…but left n moved to Pak. hehe, don’t ask me why…moving is expensive…n living in uk is super expensive…uk is a good place for those who go from pak…but once you are used to live in europe UK is sooo annoying. everything is so slow paced…n getting your work done is not really easy like in europe. For renting a place u need references…we kept getting wrong utility bills for our property…we couldn’t open a bank account for a month until we recieved the first utility bill in our name…and they still use old banking ways…(I had experience with HSBC and Barclays)…Royal Mail is indeed snail mail…never in time. Tubes are smelly & jam packed. Plus Living in London I never felt secure…London for me is a polluted city…Terminal 4 at heathrow smells of rats. I was shocked to see used polythene bags on twigs around M 25. Most teenagers thing it cool to have gangster culture…
Mind you, I had kids with me…n we had a hard time dealing with bullies in school. People in general are a bit more friendly than those in europe…they do show ettiquettes but u get to see many who are just big on using foul language…I had no peace of mind there…
These wrere just personal experiences…no offence intended to anyone who loves uk…or london.
decide carefully…Personally I wouldn’t ever want to go back to UK…(no offence to anyone)