HOney, girl you have taken the words right out of my mouth! i was thinking of starting a thread up to have a rant about exactly the same thing.
I am getting more and more annoyed about designers posting on GS as well as facebook who just upload loads and loads of photos that they’ve got out of magazines, catwalk shows and other places.
I dont want to see picture after picture from a magazines, if i want to do that i’ll go and buy it myself. I want to see the quality of the work they are producing. It just makes me very very suspicious ie. do u not have faith in your work to actually upload the real deal,.
But then again i so agree with what you are saying, there have been examples of people uploading other peoples genuine pictures and passing them off as there own. In fact on one group a woman was claiming that a suit Proto had produced for me was her own kaam and when i questioned her about it, she threw me off her site. I have also seen sites where the copies have been awful!
My bit of advice would be, read the reviews on here, message people who have ordered from the designers and if a price seems to good to be true, dont take the risk.
I have personally ordered from Cyma who was excellent, the quality of her kaam was outstanding. I have ordered one semi formal outfit from sairaji when she first started and that again was a beautiful outfit but i think she is only doing wedding stuff now, I have also placed an order with crystal bracelets for casual kapray ie tops to wear with jeans and shalwaar kamiz and i’m just waiting for my kapray but she has been brilliant to deal with, really very professional and very accomodating. And last but by no means last is our Prototype. She is fabulous, she works extremely hard ,works within your price point, uses very good material and her stiching is awesome.
On facebook i have ordered from, Madihas atelier. She was a little more pricey but again my suit was beautiful. she produced an outfit within 3 weeks and it was very pretty. I have also ordered from Farhat Anwar and again she was very professional and my outfits were lovely.
I hope this helps,
Thank you brummie, that helped.
I have actually contacted proto a couple of days back, she was very quick to reply but i still need to send her the pictures of the outfits and see how her prices are …