The meance of MAToos must be confronted, surrouned, and then destroyed. These Biddus can no way live in 21st century with their outdated ways.
Saudi forces besiege wanted militants in Dammam
Mon Sep 5, 2005 12:11 PM ET
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyID=2005-09-05T161135Z_01_FOR539559_RTRIDST_0_INTERNATIONAL-SECURITY-SAUDI-DC.XML
RIYADH (Reuters) - Saudi forces were besieging at least two militants in Dammam on Monday, a day after clashes in the eastern oil city killed two gunmen and a policeman, security sources said.
They said the militants were believed to be members of the Saudi wing of al Qaeda and on a list of 36 most wanted fugitives in the world’s largest oil exporter, which has been battling loyalists of Osama bin Laden for more than two years.
Security forces, armed with automatic weapons and rocket propelled grenades, were surrounding a house in a Dammam neighborhood where the militants are hiding.
A Saudi policeman was killed in a raid on the same building on Sunday hours after a gunbattle killed two suspected militants. Thirteen policemen were wounded in the clash.
The U.S. consulate in the nearby city of Dhahran closed on Monday because of security concerns linked to the shootout.
“In response to an ongoing standoff between Saudi security forces and an unknown number of terrorists in Dammam, the U.S. consulate general in Dhahran will be temporarily closed to the public,” said a statement on the U.S. embassy Web site.
Saudi television showed a heavy shootout between security forces and militants, resulting in at least one fire. Soldiers were shown firing from rooftops, one of them using a rocked-propelled grenade launcher.
More than 90 foreign and Saudi civilians have been killed in the al Qaeda violence aimed at toppling the pro-Western royal family and evicting non-Muslims from the birthplace of Islam.
Last month, Saudi security forces killed al Qaeda’s top leader in the country, Saleh al-Awfi – one of a few fugitives remaining on a list of 26 most wanted militants. In June, officials issued a new list of 36 wanted suspects.