^I agree with **Shardmanny’s **point above of giving her space and letting her handle her issues.
**1) People handle their problems differently. Some people solve them by depending on others for emotional support. Others prefer to keep their problems a secret and solve them on their own. If you truly care about her and then DON’T FORCE yourself into her PRIVATE matters. It’s possible that maybe her parents have requested her not to share this problem with anyone else and she is respecting her family’s privacy and wishes. If someone has made it CLEAR that they want to be alone…and if YOU keep bugging them…they’ll get turned off by you and that can hurt the relationship. Just simply tell your friend, “I’m worried about and I don’t want to leave you alone in your time of need but since that is what you insist, then I’ll respect your need for privacy. I just want you to know that whenever you need me, I’ll be there.” **And then give her space.
**2) **Why is your friend saying that this is “THE LAST MESSAGE YOU"LL EVER GET FROM ME”??? Is she moving somewhere to another city, state, or country? Even if somebody moves, they at least keep in touch with their friends through email or phone call. Tell me something…how old are you both??? Is there a possibility that she’s getting married and feels that it would be inappropriate for her to keep in touch with a male friend and that’s why she’s cutting off communication???
3) I know that you said that you both are like “brother and sister”…but is there a possibility that there are some romantic feelings (perhaps from her end) in this relationship??? If there is such a possibility, that might explain the sudden desire for distance.
4) She told you that this would be the “LAST” text message she would ever said. And then she goes back on her words and…sends you a text message. She’s finding it hard to break all communication with you. Hmmmm, sometimes people might even avoid others as a way to get attention. Kind of like “playing hard to get”. You avoid a person…and their behavior captures your attention…and you become more inclined to “chase” the person. If you both have a solid and strictly platonic relationship, then there should be no need to play such games. However, if there is the slightest possibility of one-sided romantic feelings…then this behavior doesn’t sound so strange.