Ask Engadget: best sub-$70 smartphone battery pack?

[http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2012/01/askengadgetlogo09.png](http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/07/ask-engadget-best-sub-70-smartphone-battery-pack/)
We know you've got questions, and if you're brave enough to ask the world for answers, here's the outlet to do so. This week's [Ask Engadget](http://ask.engadget.com/) inquiry is from Arif, who needs a heavy-duty smartphone battery for his nomadic life. If you're looking to send in an inquiry of your own, drop us a line at ***ask [at] engadget [dawt] com***.
		"I'm kind of a nomad: I travel anywhere I can, sleeping away from civilization in my sleeping bag. My only issue is that my smartphone needs a recharge every two days. What I need, is an external battery pack that can give me a week's worth of juice -- but can I get a lightweight one that costs under $70? Many Thanks!"

This is going to be a tough one, we know – our first thought was toward a Powerbag with a 6000mAh battery, but that costs $170, more than twice Arif’s budget. Is there something cheaper you could suggest to our nomadic friend that’ll enable him to stay off the grid long enough to become a modern day Grizzly Adams? All we ask for is a comment, and your knowledge to steer it by.Ask Engadget: best sub-$70 smartphone battery pack? originally appeared on Engadget on Sat, 07 Jan 2012 22:14:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink | | Email this | Comments