Ask Engadget: best quick-shutter camera for under $700?

[http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/12/askengadgetlogo09-1324549461.png](http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/24/ask-engadget-best-quick-shutter-camera-for-under-700/)
We know you've got questions, and if you're brave enough to ask the world for answers, here's the outlet to do so. This week's [Ask Engadget](http://ask.engadget.com/) inquiry is from Travis, who is soon to become a father (congratulations!) and wants to capture the baby's life with a new camera. If you're looking to send in an inquiry of your own, drop us a line at ***ask [at] engadget [dawt] com***.
		*"I'm about to become a new parent and my not-so-tech-savvy wife thinks we need a ridiculous DSLR to get good, quick pics of our new child. I argue there are plenty of cameras out there with fast shutter speeds that won't cost us too much, but I don't know what exactly to look for. I want to take quick pictures to capture those really cute shots that other cameras miss. What's a good camera that I can get less for $700?"*

Camera experts, baby owners, people who balance objects on your pets, what’s the camera you can rely on to catch those split-second moments of cuteness? Our thoughts lead us toward the Nikon J1’s motion snapshot, or the Sony NEX-C3, but perhaps someone out there knows the perfect baby-snapping camera? Dear friends, the floor – by which we mean the comments feed below – is yours*.*Ask Engadget: best quick-shutter camera for under $700? originally appeared on Engadget on Sat, 24 Dec 2011 22:20:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink | | Email this | Comments