Re: ~! Ary and Geo, thieves?
theres a difference between musicians ripping off music and ary/geo using music without permission. I dont think VS singing a song that sounded like red red wine is copyright infringement. Its unethical, but I dont believe its illegal.
of course it is illegal, artists have been sued left right and center for using other artists work without permission. royalty is due to original arists if their work is used for any commercial purpose.
Movies are ripped off story-wise in US too, that isnt illegal.
I did not mean movies, but music used for songs in those movies, to illustrate that just because something that is ripped off is not pursued for legal action does not mean it is allowed.
. And given that even mid-level companies in Pakistan esp with a market abroad now adhere to IP laws based on my experience I dont believe they would do anything blatantly illegal like that.
legally then they are supposed to list the source when teh credits roll up, why do you think US shows do it?
I see lots of shows on American TV where artists arent credited in the end. I know this because I frequently have to end up googling to find out who sung bits and pieces of the soundtrack, so that isnt really an automatic indication of stealing.
examples?
They may cut corners and get away with whatever they can get away with. If you were a lawyer I dont think you'd be able to convict them of copyright infringement. But if you were a lawyer you would atleast agree that one cant judge on the basis of conjecture.
you can convict them of unautjorized use and failure to provide credits etc.