Could Mazhar be a double crosser? May be he threw some other story to players while a different one to the undercover investigators?
I was just thinking about all this saga once a friend said that this is a trap to destroy Pakistan cricket. We all know Salman Butt is not a great batsman who can chose to spot fix, Kamran Akmal is a lousy keeper how can he intentionally drop catches when he is a natural dropper?
I am not trying to ‘deny’, I am just trying to find possibilities because we only heard/saw video of the agent, no player said anything on the video. Let it go to courts where players will hopefully utter everything.
if the players were innocent, they would have said so. they would have turned up at the post match ceremony. they would have fought back tooth and nail in the interviews.
you should watch Butt’s press conference. he was pissing himself. looked terrified. couldn’t speak English properly which is why he was made captain in the first place. and at no point at all did he said coherently in one sentence that these allegations are false and I’m innocent. he did say things here and there but never came out with a clear statement despite being asked a straight question if he was innocent re the allegations.
^exactly. if innocent… they shouldve all come up and made statements denying all this.. that dint happen.. and butts interview really summed it up.. the players wore guilt look on their face all day..
As Sharabee and even Ramiz mentioned here Salman Butt wore the look of guilt during the press conference, his voice clearly shaking. he did not look confident at all. If he was truly innocent then he had absolutely nothing to fear but his expressions told a different story
I agree with you all that they should’ve come out all clear, but as clearly seen that the players had the money, they were seen with a guy who (supposedly) management had warned against. Could it be that guilt that kept them from completely saying “I didn’t do it”? Hopefully everything will become clear once it gets to the court.
Yes there is shame but there are always 1000 possibilities for everything that happens. These guys clearly took money, they kept in contact with a forbidden-guy they are guilty. Whether what they did is really what Mazhar is claiming, we need to wait for the court proceedings.
I do agree with you, fortunately this is not Pakistani police or Malik Qayyum handling the case, no Arab country involved so there is very good chance we will have justice. Let the case take its due course and let full truth come out, currently all signs point against the players.
As much mad as I am, I do see some point in Captain1’s post. We all are disgusted and hurt beyond imagination and his post may sound a bit like ‘clutching at straws’. I also agree that Salman’s body language is very unsure but I’d rather wait for investigations to finish. Evidence is d@mning but lets see what unfolds in coming days.
The most one can argue in favour of the conspiracy theory is that it was an intentional effort to bribe the players over a small thing that they might have thought was no big deal, that is, take money for a few no balls.
But even then they only have themselves to blame for getting themselves into it.
once proven, all culprits should be handed to each big city of Pakistan and same treatment should be done as what occured in Sialkot couple of day ago… ( I am really sorry to every one that I am making such an inhumane statement, but I am all so disappointed and I unable to control my self).
Thats when a human being is tested, the real character comes out i.e. reaction when unable to control yourself, that is how the mob reacted when they were unable to control themselves.
Captaan jee, I said once PROVEN…not exactly like it happened in Sialkot.. anyways, I know its harsh to say…All these players and corrupt ppl are to made examples…