Accord vs Camry vs Altima vs Mazda6

ok, so out of no where , i decided to compare these cars against each other. I already own one of these cars. Just wanted to see what you guys prefer , in terms of looks/style, comfort level, features, reliability etc? Which one is good on gas mileage? For comparing sake, lets take a look at cars from year 1998-2005 and 4cyl.

So guys, which one?

PS: ahh, i dont think mazda6 comes in 4 cyl, but o well whatever, its still a car i want to compare.

Re: Accord vs Camry vs Altima vs Mazda6

Each of those vehicles have a distinct character that sort of sets them apart. This is what I’ve always heard from loyal camps (all-time toyota buyers, all-time honda buyers and so on..so forth):

Camry: A true workhorse, that is a family sedan. Its’ engine and all major components will outlast its’ body by decades. But you cannot poke around with the car, although, in the recent years there have been options available for this platform from power upgrades (aftermarket ECU, Manifold, exhaust, etc..etc..) to body trims (side skirts, front lip, etc..etc..). It’s meant to be left alone on factory specs. Keep it maintained and it will serve you or your family real well. It has great comfort level. The ride is soft. Depending on the trim you purchase it in, it can come with various features such as moonroof, CD (which I think had become standard after 2000), power locks and windows. Spoiler has always been optional on base models but might be offered on the premium version.

Accord: Again, another gem from Japan. The car is versatile. What makes this different from Camry is that it’s so adaptable and interchangeable. You can pretty much do anything with it. There are tons of plug n’ play (if you will) options for it as far as upgrading components goes. It’s a real beater. It will get you through rough winters, hot summers, and everything in between. But some of Accord year models were known to have thermostat issues where the thermostat would go out causing it to overheat, and if not looked into early on, can develop further issues which are likely to cost more. Ride is not as comfy as that of camry. It’s rather sporty’ish. From my personal experience the one thing that irked me the most about accords was that transmission wasn’t very smooth, although very responsive. Let me expand on that for a moment. When I say wasn’t very smooth, what I’m saying is that you could always feel the gears shift even in the Automatic. This was apparently just how the car was put together. I’m not sure how they’re made now and if transmission has been refined. It must’ve been because with increased horsepower, it would have required a better tranny. It, like other contenders features all creature comforts depending on the trim you purchased. Features and options included Leather trim, spoiler, moonroof, CD deck (may be changer but I’m not 100% sure on that).

Altima: Comparable to above two, and again until recently it was meant to be left alone in factory specs. Ride and comfort is comparable to that of Camry. It again comes with various features depending on the trim you opted for. Options include moonroof, spoiler, leather interior. Overall, a decent mid size sedan. Drive is pretty smooth.

Mazda: Can’t say much. Don’t know much about Mazda.

Again, these are just speculations and my opinions. Actual facts might be totally contrary to what I’ve written.

Re: Accord vs Camry vs Altima vs Mazda6

I didn’t have good experience with Honda Accord that I bought new in 2004, but it was V6. Its battery died in 2nd year. One of its wheels was defective and all these years I thought I had a bad tire, it kept leaking air with slow rate. Started hearing noise from inside dashboard in 1st year as if car was old or was repaired one. These are things you don’t want in a NEW car. Comparably I had an Altima 2000 (4 cyl) which was much more reliable and comfortable. Though interior space is more in Accord than Altima, I think Camry is also bigger than Altima in interior space. Altima’s exterior design has been superior post 2002 models. Camry’s design was good in mid 90s (94-97) but 98-2007 models weren’t that good, it improved in 2007 (or whenever they changed shape) but wasn’t still great.

Overall featurewise I think they are all in same category, offer more or less the same. Altima was always a 4-cyl car until they started offering V6 in 2002 models.

Now I have a V6 Altima 2005, I really like it :k:

Re: Accord vs Camry vs Altima vs Mazda6

I started a whole Camry vs Accord vs Altima study a year ago when I bought my car. Altima was out of the list pretty fast, not that it’s a bad car, just not upto par with the former two. With the Camry and Accord I noticed, it was a tough pick for me. I went with the Accord because i) Camry’s interior controls felt a little flimsy and cheaply done ii) Accord had a very nicely done in terms of interior and the steering was incredible along with the added back room space. However, Accords seat’s arent as nice as Camrys! Uncles, beware, stick to Camrys or ur back will kill you!

Re: Accord vs Camry vs Altima vs Mazda6

^ not sure about Camry’s seat but even Accord’s seat wasn’t good for me. Only a 4 hour drive was painful for me :frowning:

Re: Accord vs Camry vs Altima vs Mazda6

Currently I have two cars in the household Accord-V6 sedan & Mazda-6 4 cyl .
I believe if anyone (In N.America) needs to keep a car for versatile use and at the same time expects reliability and sporty feel must drive a “V-6” no matter what Brand or Model attracts you.
For one the distances we travel and drives are above average and long, weather variations and sudden changes in extremes are well handled by a V-6 whereas 4cyl deteriorates much faster and requires very high
end maintenance at frequent intervals, all this unless you drive locally within the city it self.

I’m so happy with my V-6 Honda Accord which has some 200k on it already, and I’m hoping to get into an ‘Infinity G35s V-6’ or Accord V-6 by the end of this winter. My 3rd choice would be Acura TL (I love Acura being a Honda Flagship)
Mazda-6 I found very pappy in drive but the Interior is so ‘Not Right’ too many blind spots in visibility and awful bucket seats that snug you like a straight-jacket. Worse if you’r wearing a light winter-jacket while driving.
I felt the huge difference in Maz-6 and Accord in comfort and panel visibility. Maz-6 Panel/Cluster ambient lights are all in “Red-Orange” Glow which I found not very easy to getting use-to.

Hence my nxt Choices for change-over are “Infinity-G35s” “Honda-Accord V6” or “Acura TL”

^ Sorry to hear abt your experience with Accord Captain ^! I’m sure you got stuck with a ‘Lemon’ by some bad luck i guess! :smiley:

Re: Accord vs Camry vs Altima vs Mazda6

CAmry< Accord< Altima .. I just love Altima .. i gave up my Accord for it

Re: Accord vs Camry vs Altima vs Mazda6

^^ Rainy: You are right about V6, my Accord was a V6 and now my Altima is V6 as well. I love G35/37 :wub: but couldn’t get into one as it was over my budget.

Sanaabc: Yea, Altima rocks :dhimpak:

Re: Accord vs Camry vs Altima vs Mazda6

Ive got 2009 Accord, and I must say its one of the best cars I’ve ever got .. The thing I like most is that, its best for long travel.. and you really dont feel much in this car. Otherwise I’ve a 4-wheel suv suzuki xl7 as well and I feel exhausted after 3-4 hrs run. Next year, we are going out of lease for this honda, but i’ll go for it again, this time buiying it rather than having it on lease. Btw, mine is 4-cylinder, and I still have no complaints..

Re: Accord vs Camry vs Altima vs Mazda6

Waht bout Honda Civic :faizy:

Out of them ones Accord is best IMO

Re: Accord vs Camry vs Altima vs Mazda6

Please read carefully, I said accord’s seat was ‘worse’ than camry’s :rolleyes:

Re: Accord vs Camry vs Altima vs Mazda6

The drive is awesome, handling included, but the seat bothers me… maybe its the leather trim only?

Re: Accord vs Camry vs Altima vs Mazda6

and where did I disagree?

Re: Accord vs Camry vs Altima vs Mazda6

Just bought 2007 Honda accord V6 my 4th Accord so far and also had Subru - Legacy. ^ Seats on Accord are way comfortable than the previous models specially the 'Leather Seats.
Got Navigation and the other bells and whistles along with Voice Command. Its an EXR. I appreciated the 17" low profiles inductions in these model years from standard 15" on all 4cycles or V6, which I never
understood why they had it like that in the first place ?