Sannan
February 7, 2011, 5:29am
15
Re: Abdul Razzaq bowling…
I dont think theres any issue of competition. I dont recall Razzaq opening the bowling for a long time as he has been recently, and it isnt just Afridi who regards Razzaq’s bowling as less than the recent stats would suggest. I doubt that under Younus Khan or Inzimam Razzaq was finishing 10 overs. If you listen to commentators and analysis the usual impression is that Razzaq is the bowler to target.
See here: Bowling records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com . He hasnt been bowling 10 overs for a while.
Having said that, if he can produce similar form in the world cup, that analysis should be revised, and he should be considered as a fulltime bowler again.
I listened commentary in 3 match and they were getting confuse that why Razzaq is not bowling in later stage even every bowling getting punish.
Afridi should give Razzaq full chances to batting and bowl.