great idea. i'd love to join
I’m back but I think now you’re not here. And Sehar about having Bait Bazi on the side is perfectly O.K. because this way both teams can get help too.
About the teams everyone. There is always a captain of a team. Obviuosly Sehar is going to be captain of one team and she has to suggest a name. I wouldn’t wanna be captain as I’m new. You ppl nominate someone else for the other team. And then it depends on us which team we wanna join. Is this a good idea??
I already nominate Sehar for one team. So anyone who wanna volunteer or someone who has any suggestion.
After that, we already have the rules of Bait bazi. But obviously for the game the rules will be modified a little. Like a time limit etc.
So guppies!! Participate and we’ll see what happens
Rahgeer ji... you should captain the second team... i think...
how does everyone feel about that?
zindagi zinda billi ka naam hae...!
Well I suggest Nikami Jano shall captain the other team in order to balance the team
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
Or if you wanna make it male-female contest(alongwith their teams) then I will suggest Amal to captain the other team.
Passionate and Sehar alongwith anyone else who is interested may frame rules which shall be notified here in a separate thread.
good idea!
zindagi zinda billi ka naam hae…!
I don't think it really matters if the other team's captain is female/male. Anyone in the nominees who are willing to captain. So someone become a captain so we can get into teams. Plzzzzzzzzzz!
Here are a few suggestions:
There shall be two teams whose captains may be declared in a separate thread and every guppy may be given the option to join in any team. Entries may be opened for 24 or 48 hours. Both teams may be balanced by equal number of guppies with a view that gender participation is also balanced in both teams. It may also be ensured that both teams have some old members blended with new ones. In nut shell both teams may be evenly balanced. If some guppies are more inclined to join in a particular team which already has big number than its captain may paste a notice asking some guppies to review their choice.
The rules of the game may generally be the same as in Bait Baazi. Following are additional suggestions:
- A purposeful thread may be started by either of the captains with a clear cut topic and the subsequent shair should match the purpose. Topic starter may be regarded as “Challenger” and the other team which obviously be “Defender” should pick up the purpose leading it into any direction he/she may find relevant but within the para-meters of “Purpsoe”. If this attempt of “Defender” is found to be lacking in weight, the Challenger may like to pause the thread asking for clarification but this may be sparingly used as poetry is multi-dimensional literature and can be interpreted by various minds in their peculiar manner hence its always the chance that whatever shair is posted may have a link to previous one.
- To pick up the purpose it may be difficult to begin with the last letter as in the case of bait baazi. It is therefore suggested that “key word” may be regarded to be the one with which a new shair may be started.
- It is not necessary that only one thread be allowed at a time. However the number of threads may not exceed 4 at a time. This would allow many of the participants to work around and don’t get bored or feel short of ideas in participating.
- A thread may continue until the purpose is satisfactorily explored within the rhythm.
- Every guppy should mention in the end of shair which team he/she is playing for.
- There shall be some rewards for the best team and its best players that may be worked out now or at a later stage.
- Subsidiary threads may be started by anyone who likes to comment on the performance of both teams and for further suggestions to improve this scheme of competition.
An example of such competition is suggested as under:
*Topic: Muhabbat kioon bulatee ho Mujhe?
Tujhe ruswaee ka dr hai na aaya kar
Bichar jaana hee behtar hai na aaya kar
(Challenger)
Bhool jana bhee usay yaad bhee karte rehna
Acha lagta hai isee dhun mein bikharte rehna
(Defender)*
(Please note that the purpose is to explore a heart’s pain to know why love looms around her while the beloved is chained in some social/cultural constraints. The purpose is taken up by the defender with some reasoning why the beloved wants to be loved still? Poetry is an abstract art and our hearts are its interpretators. Though it may be difficult to define such “Whys” and answers to such “Whys” in prose yet a shair may say volumes in just few words about it)
These are some suggestions that occurred to me. I hope these may help in starting this competition. Sehar may like to take up this burden of streamlining this scheme as she is the moderator of this forum. And yes I support Capricorn that the other team be led either by Nikami Jano or Amal, ofcourse if they likeJ
All the best
maaaaaaan!.. you really are a perfectionist!
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
nice, figured out ideas
zindagi zinda billi ka naam hae…!
Salaam again guys
So far we only have about 11 people. I was hoping some of the oldies would show up, but not many have yet far.
&Passionate, thank you for the nomination as a team leader, but i'd like to apologetically decline as i have many things to tend to and i won't be able to diligently participate. I am sure many of our other members will make excellent team leaders.
Perfectionist:
Those are some great ideas. I also want to emphasize that teams should be almost equally balanced in all aspects. I don't think there should be any grouping of only oldies and the new members. That tends to form cliques which i'd like to highly avoid, which in turn will make new members feel welcomed.
Now coming towards the threads, I think it'd suffice to have about 2 running at the same time, too many threads will just divide attention. Having 2 threads running at the same time have members diligently participating in both. Otherwise, i am fine with the guidelines you have suggested.
Also, having a reward for the best team is a bit ambiguous, could u please clarify what kind of reward you mean?
Thank you tou phir for acknowledging that I am a Perfectionist
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
Or else why should I have had this username?
Thanks Sehar for your reply. I am myself unsure about the rewards at the moment. Lets see if I get some idea! I think passionate has lost interest in this thread as I dont find here pursuing her ambition. Can you just lead this thread to a conclusion Sehar? Lets just advertise who wants to lead these teams?
me here
am in oldies
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/blush.gif
oh han meri CC ko bhi meray sath
hi pack kar dena ![]()
Perfectionist: nice ideas
Okay you are packed with CC. May we know your choice of captaincy oldy?
Great ideas
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/ok.gif
So now that Sehar has denied the nomination
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/teary2.gif
I think the other two nominations were Nikami Jano and Amal. Lets wait for them and see what they have to say.
C’mon ppl! Nobody wanna be in a competition!!
me 2 i wanna join.
C'mon guys! kidhar gaye tussi??!!!!!!!!!!
i wanna join too.
[This message has been edited by Mahee (edited April 03, 2002).]
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/teary3.gif
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/teary3.gif
ap dono pak ja rahi pack ho k.ok me mish both of u
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/teary2.gif
~pochteY ho wo kidheR gaya
daRd buN kaR
meRay dil maiN uteR gaya~
Sehar yaar lets start making up teams even if there arefew members,lets equally divide them into two groups…i guess once its started more people wud come up to join those teams.
Suno aye behree larkee…tumhein kitne log bula rahe hain, ban jao na Captain aur haan mujhe apnee team mein rakhna
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
Perfectionist you have done a wonderful job. I appreciate your ideas, they are a bit more challenging and interesting. Thanks
Cap Nikami zaror lakin bahree nahi me appriciate karti k ap ne is qabil samja k me lead karey but pata kia me nahi kar sakti sorry na…itnay guts nahi hain and thanks passion…4 ap ki offer…ap shoro kaaar dain me dono teams main reply karey ge any ways thanks
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/smile.gif
aur cap bahreeeeeeeeee bola..
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/teary3.gif
~pochteY ho wo kidheR gaya
daRd buN kaR
meRay dil maiN uteR gaya~