It’s not that girls “wanted” to get married at that age, they had no idea they were getting married.
Misconception. I have only heard that from muslims. All my sources explaining how hot climate affects early onset puberty are Islamic books/websites. I would seriously like to see a non-Muslim source with hard medical evidence to prove this. I have heard of precocious puberty and that’s not caused by hot climate, it’s an abnormality.
So marrying a child at the age of 9 to some 50 year old is ok? That’s what doesn’t make sense about the old times. It was all about what pleased men the most. If Less Life expectancy was the case, it would be 15 year old boys marrying 9 years old girls not a 50 year old marrying a 9 year old girl. Do you see what I mean? These ARE excuses!
O I know the culture, it was all about men..That’s the only truth. For the rest, you will always find a million excuses.