I wouldn’t say necessarily overtly anti-Islam, but reserving his satire for a particular class…yes. It was evident when he wrote on chowk.com…many quizzed him on this…his response were the written equivalent of making farty noises with one’s hand. From time to time he managed to write a straight face, and they were sometimes well done…his disdain for religion in general is obvious and overemphasized , though.
I disagree in the sense that his writings are from the comfortable position of making caricatures of people without admitting to any particular stance himself in contradiction…so who knows what his motivations are…
I mean, if he’s suggesting that there is NO impearalist motives at all with the Long War, either during Bush or what Obama inherited, he’s out to lunch…if his notion of an islamic judiciary has to go back centruies, he’s obviously high…Mohammed Bin Qasim he figures is he end-all and be-all figure when it comes to islamists, but perhaps that was the only part of History class he was sober for…and Zardari IS NOT a bad guy…no comment… But who knows what stance he supports…laughs and giggles… honks nose…