Very Interesting, broad-ranging poll on Pakistani attitudes

Most people in Pakistan hae short memories. After years of misrule by Benazir and Nawaz Sharif people still come and vote them back.

I have never met anyone in Pakistan who is totally anti-military unless they are an ethnic nationalist who does not accept Pakistan. Even extreme left-wing and extreme right wingers I have met have some positive comments to say about the military in some form or another.

When you look at the last 10 years and the 2 governments/presidents in charge - you had Musharaf with his America first, Myself second, national interests third policy which had especially at the very end some big problems but then there was some nation building and the country improved from 1999 to 2006. Then you had Zardari/PPP which has more or less the same policy as the previous government “America first, Zardari and cronies second, Pakistan third” with more or less the same problems but MUCH LESS nation building.

Other than the media I have never really met many people who has been that anti-Army as people claim the nation to be.