thts a valid reason … so sweeeet of u … u knw if u learn arabic … u get tons of advantages …the most imp is u get a chance to learn ur own religion … n som r forever .. ur love for ths lingo wil last forever … i hop u get the point … i didnt knw arabic much though still i m struggling to learn it as much as possible …
Rosetta Stone for farsi is pretty good. i think they use one or two words that aren’t really used anymore but it’s a good way to start. I used Pimsleur maybe once but I liked it. This site has tons of sources : http://www.languages.umd.edu/persian/studies/resources/index.html
Wow the link is full of brilliant sources. Mamnoon.
Rosetta Stone is pretty expensive though. I plan to do a degree in persian and iranian studies inshallah, but for the time being i’m trying to learn the modern spoken farsi, i’ve got this book and CD by Narguess Farzad, it’s being very helpful. thanks again and good luck