That reminds me of me. Perhaps except the hospital part. Last time we went, she kept asking how long it’s going to take, and I was the one who kept saying “soon inshAllah”.
I don’t know why, but shopping with women is one of the most boring things I can think of. Partly because I find it annoying that I can go in, and if I see something I want, I know that’s what I want, no need to look at/try on 1000 more things to make a decision. Many times what I see happening is that we go to buy something, we see it within the first few minutes, but because they like to look around so much, we spend sometimes close to an hour before coming back to the first we saw and buying it.
So I prefer to do my own shopping for clothes (and many other things). I can be in and out in 15 minutes as opposed to the hour when you factor in the woman overhead.
Like your husband, I can then go home and play the Playstation (well XBox 360 in my case-- my sis has my PS2 right now.) for hours. However I don’t ignore her if she asks me something in the middle of a game though I might ask her to come back when I’m at a less intense part in the game.