This is sick!

the biggest threat to Pakistan is from within - not from India, etc. the biggest threat is Taliban. and if the army can’t fight them, then it should wear choorian and stfu. and all the budget allocated to them should be diverted to education and health care which is where it should have been in the first place.

as far as the nuclear bomb is concerned, it is the white elephant that we can’t use or do anything with. it can’t help us prevent wars (Kargil still happened). it can’t be used. yet so much money has been spent on it. what a waste of resources.

like I said, yes I am a PPP supporter today. but it might be a shocking thing to imagine for those who dream of the golden days of Mushrraf’s dictatorship, or the golden age of Zaid Hamid’s Naseem Hijaziat etc… that I support all political parties except MQM and religious parties. there are politicians I admire in PPP, PML-N and ANP. just happens to be that PPP is the most representative of my values and the direction I want Pakistan to go in.

as far as the army is concerned, I have probably seen it more upclose than most Pakistanis have. many of my classmates are serving in the army. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the brave jawans and officers of the Pak forces. my problem is with the army high command and its shenanigans. if that makes me anti-army, then yes I am anti-army. but it has nothing to do with me being pro-PPP. I was anti-army before I became a PPP supporter.

it is interesting that you paint anyone who doesn’t agree with your assessment as a pseudo-intellectual and as the netsurfing elite. you do realize that you’re part of the same netsurfing elite, right? just wanted to remind you of the irony in case it whizzed by you.

it’s kind of like some news anchors bleating about the poor, etc and dumping on the politicians for ignoring the plight of the masses, while makes millions for themselves every month. it looks mighty stupid to beech about ghareeb people and accusing others of being insensitive to them just because they’re well off… because guess what you’re just as well to do as them.