Tailored tux for the Valima groom instead of suit

***Nothing is wrong but the mom herself doesn’t like look at all. She feels all the relatives would have a great laugh at her son’s expense after the pics float around.

The valima is not a black tie event, just a regular one. The ladies would most probably be heavy sari’s, the younger crowd would be in pishwazes and the guys in suits.

Can’t suggest tail-coats and/or morning suits, but I think that’s a good option if they can be worn with regular length jackets. I think I can put the idea forward as the groom desperately wants to wear something new for his Valima that hasn’t been done to death by others. He also wanted to switch the dressing around by wearing a suit to the wedding and sherwani on the Valima but I think his mom had a ‘killer glint’ in her eye the whole day.

Now, what about this? How would a waistcoat look?:***