Sucide attack on Musharaf in Rawal Pindi-Kills people!!!

On the news right now!!

7 killed , 18 injured ....
suicide bombing, attempt on musharaf's convoy, a high roof van slammed into one of the convoy cars! 300 yards jhanda che-che pul , Musharraf survives.:)

Second attempt in recent days......

May Allah keep Mushrraf safe. Ameen.

PAKISTAN

Musharraf passed minutes before Pindi blasts
(Updated at 1500 PST)
ISLAMABAD: A convoy carrying President Pervez Musharraf drove along a road in Rawalpindi on Thursday minutes before explosions that wounded or killed several people, witnesses said.

Musharraf, who narrowly escaped an assassination bid this month on the same road in Rawalpindi, was not hurt, a spokesman said. ‘The President and all his companions are safe and sound’ Major-General Shaukat Sultan told the media.

The blasts were thought to have been set off by a suicide bomber who had been travelling in a small vehicle, a senior police officer said.

Two bomb blasts in Rawalpindi, several feared dead
(Updated at 1435 PST)
RAWALPINDI: Several feared dead in two explosions took place around 2:00 PM in front of Civil Lines police station in Rawalpindi, Geo news channel reported on Thursday.

Two petrol pumps situated nearby were destroyed in blasts. Seven dead bodies were brought to the hospitals, Edhi sources told Geo. The mutilated body parts of the victims were spread in the area after the blast. The police has closed the area for the public after the incident.

May Allah bless musharrraf loooong life (ameen)

I guess people are now gonna say this was staged as well.

haha, I dont know why they are saying the blast occurred after the president passed by. It hit one of the vehicles that were part of the convoy, a black one, why I know this, because I was there in civil lines at a friends place at that time. I am not sure if it hit the decoy that usually accompanies the president when he passes by this route. Thank goodness the railway-pull is intact, but two petrol pumps (one of them was the famous french one) were scorched.

And the previous poster, why dont you think the previous attack could have been staged? Pakistani politicians, including our beloved president arent angels. In any case, its a good thing the president didnt get hurt. Only a few days ago I read how another attack could be staged at the same venue, and despite the very tight security, another blast occurred very close to where it first occurred.

Geo News has the best news coverage so far, their vans and reporters got to the spot immediately, and were the first ones to report that the second car hit the convoy!! Great journalism! They also said that musharrafs windscreen was pummelled with the debris from the blast and there was damage to his car.

This from CNN…

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) – Would-be assassins launched a two-pronged suicide attack against a convoy carrying Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf Thursday, the second attempt to kill him in the last 12 days.

Musharraf escaped unharmed, the Pakistani Information Ministry said.

The president was traveling from Islamabad, to his home in Rawalpindi, just outside the capital, when two vans tried to enter the convoy – one at the front of the convoy, one at the rear. Both vans exploded, police said.

At least seven people died in the attack and at least 17 were wounded. Musharraf’s car was damaged when the windshield was shattered, Pakistani officials said. In addition, two vehicles at the end of the president’s motorcade were badly damaged.

Police said Musharraf safely escaped the attack and fled to his home.

Musharraf narrowly escaped an attack December 16, when a blast rocked a bridge in Rawalpindi about a minute after his motorcade had passed over it. (Full story)

Shortly after the attack, Musharraf blamed the blast on Islamic militants whom he had incensed when he sided with the United States in its war against the al Qaeda terrorist network and its Taliban allies in Afghanistan after the September 11, 2001.

He banned several militant, religious and separatist groups in Pakistan and the disputed Himalayan territory of Kashmir and has arrested hundreds of members.

Last month, he outlawed six previously banned militant groups after complaints from the U.S. they had reformed under new names.

Three Islamic militants were convicted for a previous attempt on Musharraf’s life last year – one of at least two assassination bids since he took power in a bloodless coup in 1999.

The attempt in April 2002 was a similar attack in the port city of Karachi, which failed when a vehicle laden with explosives failed to detonate.

– CNN Producer Sayed Noqvi contributed to this report

just heard the news :eek: can u guys believe it :eek:

SUICIDE ATTACKS!! not just one but TWO!!

:eek:

he’s alrite mashallah but the windscreen of his car was damaged and there were other casualties…

so scary :bummer:

GEO tv is saying that some organisation had said on Al-Jazeera that they r gona kill Musharraf

BTW ppl r saying that these cannot be staged becoz these r SUICIDE attacks...the previous attacks could still be staged but its very improbable that these suicide attacks were staged...

well....what do u think who could have done that...in my opinion it may be seen as the sign of increasing unrest in the army aginst musharraf .......as javed hashmi breaked the news some months back.......also the topsecret information about presidents route could not be leaked with out some inside source.......................hope this don't get worst .......

also...if any one of u have noticed what caption cnn has given under the pervaiz picture in the news regarding the incident........

[QUOTE]
Musharraf fled to his home after the attack.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Spock: *
haha, I dont know why they are saying the blast occurred after the president passed by. It hit one of the vehicles that were part of the convoy, a black one, why I know this, because I was there in civil lines at a friends place at that time. I am not sure if it hit the decoy that usually accompanies the president when he passes by this route. Thank goodness the railway-pull is intact, but two petrol pumps (one of them was the famous french one) were scorched.

And the previous poster, why dont you think the previous attack could have been staged? Pakistani politicians, including our beloved president arent angels. In any case, its a good thing the president didnt get hurt. Only a few days ago I read how another attack could be staged at the same venue, and despite the very tight security, another blast occurred very close to where it first occurred.
[/QUOTE]

First one could have been staged...but second one.......very difficult to say.........

May Allah bless our president General pervez Musharraf.
Thank God he is safe.
If this keeps on happening, anything may happen and that would confirm a clear path downhill for pakistan at the speed of lightning. Pakistan will again fall in the evil hands of corrupt politicians if anything happens to Gen Musharraf. May Allah bless him and Pakistan.
Only yesterday he gave into the demands of the religious fanatics of MMA and today this. I hope he installs full fledged Martial Law and takes back his promise of taking off the uniform by Dec3 1 2004. it would be the most foolish thing to do. He should become Field Martial instead!
Darned MMA and the flagbearers of democracy, they think they go down in history for their services to the cause of democracy, infact they won't be rememeberd ever because they are driven by peronal ambition not love for religion or country. had they been real relgious scholars they would have spent their time meditating in mosques not rallying on roads oppositte the parliament.
If they have such a problem with Musharraf's uniform and want him to take it off, i think he should give them a full monty, i'm sure they'll shut up for the rest of eternity after that!

hahaha....since the first one flopped to catch headlines....a desperate try again...and as usual the prez escapes it miraculously.
And we get the report from pakistani authorities that it was a sucide bombing, ....is there any unbais confirmation of this??....

Anyway, this was a better try....

whenever pakistan is doing good, this always happens. Lets hope not, but I just have a bad feeling that mushi might get hit on the 3rd try. :(

bao bihari thats not a secret route…pres M travels on it daily, infact more than once sometimes…

soul the first one didnt fail to catch headlines…it totally made the headlines atleast here in pakistan…
and this time two cars which belonged to his procession actually got totally burnt…17 ppl died, 45 injured i think…infact his own windshield was damaged…
i seriously dont think it was staged…

Furqan jisay Rabb rakhay usay kon chakhay…life and death is in Allah’s hands…

plus he aint some coward…he’s been a fauji commando…i might not agree with all his policies but i do have a level of respect for the guy…

he has just issued a statement saying MEIN IN HAMLON SE DARNAY WALA NAHEEN HOON… :jhanda:

Only Allah :swt: saved this traitor or maybe it was his own plan…

This man has turned over almost 160 Muslims to be tortured by the Americans…Why? Because they believed in a political ideology which America didn’t like so to appease them he sends them to their torturers…

Today if anyone here believes in an ideology which America down the road wouldn’t agree with, he’d turn you and any member of your family to them, even women…Do not expect loyalty and fidelity and trust from this man…

More attacks are bound to follow…He should ask forgiveness from Allah :swt: soon…

The good thing is he survived this attack... This must be a big blow to whoever planned this... Lets hope Pindi is free from such attacks, and Musharraf should reconsider his residence, as this particular route is very unsafe.

Its good that he survived, I hope through forensics or some other means they are atleast able to find out who the culprits are. And then take action against the idiots who killed 17 innocent people. I saw Musharrafs interview and was pleased to here that rather then the bravado of our past leaders he is concerned about the innocent people who lost there lives and wishes to take care of there families. I hope the money from the banned groups can be utilized for this purpose so that some good is made of that money. Spock did you actually see this incident happening live and if so, I was curious did both the attackers attack at once or did the other wait and then attack.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Bhadsha: *
Its good that he survived, I hope through forensics or some other means they are atleast able to find out who the culprits are. And then take action against the idiots who killed 17 innocent people. I saw Musharrafs interview and was pleased to here that rather then the bravado of our past leaders he is concerned about the innocent people who lost there lives and wishes to take care of there families. I hope the money from the banned groups can be utilized for this purpose so that some good is made of that money. Spock did you actually see this incident happening live and if so, I was curious did both the attackers attack at once or did the other wait and then attack.
[/QUOTE]

I didnt see it when it happened. I was close to the place, a friend of mine lives in civil lines (we take a left into a galli, from where this incident occurred), there were two distinct blasts. We went there, stayed there for about half an hour, I saw people (not just eidhi ppl) but ordinary people helping the injured in their own cars, and in about 15 minutes the army came and they took control, and then we had to leave. At that time they werent reporting in the news that the attack was on musharrafs convoy, but over there at the site there were rumours that the president was believed to be dead. But they ended up being false, which we confirmed on Geo, after someone in the police dept issued a statement that the prez was safe.