Re: Sensitive Question re: Ethnicity
I bring along an "English for Beginners" dictionary wherever I go. You cant imagine how graciously everyone treats me.
Seriously though, there are benefits to being a minority at least at University. I'm not sure it applies to upper level management once you're into the labour force. If there ain't a proper category, chose anything remotely foreign for your children.
Wow! Way to misquote. The source does not say what you wrote. Read what is says: "peoples from Europe, western Asia, and parts of India and North Africa."
Where the heck did you add "Middle East, South Asia" from? Really want to be caucasian eh. Tsk tsk.
sorry , it was an honest mistake as wikipedia had quoted it as such. I copied and pasted from there. I have now corrected it to what the oxford dictionary specifically states.
regardless.. the oxford dictionary says people from parts of India are caucasian. does it not. I also posted info on the definition of Asian as it relates to US.
You really want to be "asian" eh? tsk tsk. ..see does getting personal does anything for the discussion? so why go down that path?
If you go back and read my initial posts I had clearly listed that they need to have another box there. You may have missed that. in post #23 I found other govt info to tell her that checking asian may be the way to go based on that document.
issue is that these forms are screwed up. they need to be brought into the current day and age.