Gina
April 27, 2010, 10:11pm
7
Kidney donations are allowed. You have two for a reason. You only need one kidney to get by anyway. A few people in my family have only the one kidney and 3 people in my family have had 3 very successful kidney transplants.
I would only look into it if you are serious about it though. Lots of people I know think they want to donate one of their kidneys but then don;t go through with it and trust me…that hurts like you wouldnt want to know.
Kidney donation isn’t easy either, theres a lot more involved than just getting the right match. A close family relative was refused transplant of a perfect kidney as her white blood cells were too high.
I’m waiting for my haemoglobin to rise, and Ami’s antibodies sorted Inshallah. We’ve been very keen but she’s always had some complication or the other..