About ethnicity, Hyderabad is a multi-ethnic city, similar to Karachi, but less diverse.
If common people of rural areas were getting benefits from a large district then that may be good. But were they? I think situation of rural people has not changed either way. But the city of Hyderabad, being a city, does deserve development. Just because there is a significant population of Urdu-speaking people there, doesn’t mean that it deserves to be neglected.
I think that development always starts from cities, and then radiates to rural areas.** So if Hyderabad is prosperous then so would be its satellite villages.**
I don’t see anything in black and white category only, and this includes decisions by Musharraf, PPP, Nawaz, MQM, etc. I wouldn’t oppose good just because I don’t like people doing it.
If MQM did something good for people of that city then I would be acknowledge their work.