Re: Mixing: Why friendship between non-Mahrams Is Un-Islamic
As far as I can tell, the only law from God quoted in this report was "Do not come near fornication". He didn't say "Do not come near women" or "1/2 of the world's population is off limit to you as friends" or "I am going to give you specific, stringent and impossible-to-implment rules to follow so you won't ever have the inkling or desire to fornicate". The rules are simple and universal - keep it in your pants. Dress modestly. Treat all with respect.
Isn't it enough to give us the law, the boundaries and the consequences without ordering the most minute detail of how to interact with each other? These 'rules' create hardship and we lose out in life by not interacting with many, many wonderful people. I would not be near the person I am today without the input, love and friendship of non-family females I have befriended in my life.
The author is using "reported" sayings from a prophet and calling it God's laws.
Prophets don't make laws by themselves.....anyway your post is off topic.