Things must be really bad in Afghanistan, when even the American stooge is accusing them of killing civilians…
Karzai pins civilian deaths on US
The US is hunting for Taleban troops in the south and east
Afghanistan’s US-backed president has stood by reports that American forces killed 10 civilians in an air raid two weeks ago on an area with Taleban ties. The US military said at the time that an AC-130 gunship had opened fire on armed militants fleeing a “terrorist compound” in Oruzgan Province. **But Hamid Karzai said on Saturday that an Afghan report showed the dead to be civilians including women and children. **
KABUL, Afghanistan, Feb. 7 — A member of an Afghan government team sent to investigate a disputed American airstrike last month confirmed Thursday in an interview that at least 10 people had been killed in the incident, among them two women and five children. The United States military denied that any civilians died in the raid, which occurred Jan. 17 in the southern province of Uruzgan, but claimed to have killed five armed militants who were fleeing. A military spokesman, Lt. Col. Bryan Hilferty, said Friday that the American command had received only a six-line report from the government and was withholding comment until a fuller report was received.
The team member interviewed on Thursday, Colonel Saif-ur-Rahman, an Afghan police commander, wrote a five-page government report on the incident, which he showed to The New York Times. The colonel said the five-member Interior Ministry delegation saw six fresh graves — for three men, two women and a child. Four more children, including a baby, are missing and presumed drowned in the river they were trying to cross when hit during the airstrike, he said. …