Is there forgiveness for adultery?

When a girl or a guy…commits adultery…they should seek forgiveness from Allah. The family members of the adultere may be angry…but they don’t have the authority to forgive that sin. The spouse may be upset…but then sin is between the two adulterers and Allah. The spouse…also…does not have the authority to forgive.

Family/spouse/friends/muhallay walay…can’t or shouldn’t even expect that THEIR forgiveness be sought. Nor do they have the authority to shun the adulterer to the fiery depths of hell. You can apologize to your family for hurting their feelings…but apologizing for the actual sin itself should be done to Allah.

That’s the way I see it. I’ve heard Buri Aurat is a good drama and a friend recommended it. Haven’t watched it yet. But those that were recommending the drama NEVER said that it was portrayed in a way that might misguide the viewers/youth. Rather it was said that such a drama shows that adultery DOES happen…and is a reality.

^Is there a forgiveness path from this sin? Shirk is considered to be WORSE than adultery. Shirk is the only sin that’s not forgiven…but I think it can be forgiven if one repents from it and never goes back to it again. Think about idolators…once they repent…their shirk is forgiven. So…if adultery is considered a lesser sin than shirk…then yes, I think it can be forgiven.

As far as dramas portraying such issues…I think it can be a good thing. Over sheltering the youth…can make them more naive and unprepared for life’s challenges. Such over-sheltering can be like a handicap…and it doesn’t present a realistic picture of real life.