Diet of mud and despair in Indian village

Pakistan didn’t win any water rights from India through war. In fact, it didn’t win anything from India after the 1948 War. Whatever it has, it got through negotiations. Your entire, misspelled, grammatically incorrect argument seems to be that Kashmir would be “too small” to enter into treaties with…which, frankly, is just plain stupid and really carries no water.

Because Pakistan can’t, and has repeatedly failed to do so. An independent or de facto independent Kashmir, formed through negotiations and UN involvement, is 1000 times more likely than India ceding an inch of territory to Pakistan, or Pakistan managing to take any territory through war. As for the possibility of Pakistan invading an independent Kashmir, I doubt there would be much public support for that in Pakistan. Considering the fact that Pakistan is on the brink of civil war, and (hopefully) isn’t run by total buffoons, I think the leadership also realizes that starting another war (against international opinion) would be ill-advised and would only serve to further destabilize the nation.

No one asked for foreign jihadis or Pakistani occupation.

Like I said, you have no idea what you’re babbling about.

In the early days of the conflict, the militants killed Pandits…mostly those who were connected to the Indian government. They also targeted and killed far more Muslims…again mostly those who were well connected to the Indian government. The Indian government’s own figures claim that a total of 219 Pandits were killed over the entire 20 years of the conflict…I’m sure it contributed to the Indian government’s attempts to build up mass-paranoia among the Hindu communuty, but I imagine if there had been a specific campaign to kill off the Pandits, the number would have been much higher. Moreover, the Sikh and Christian minorities in Kashmir have managed to stay put without any mass-migration.

Like I said, thousands of affluent Pandits (and Muslims for that matter) left when the violence began. As for the rest of them, Jagmohan, the Indian governor of the state at the time, ordered the mass evacuation of the remaining Pandits. I suggest you read Wahajat Habibullah’s (a senior Indian bureaucrat in Kashmir at the time) book on Kashmir, where he explains how he tried to convince Jagmohan to increase security for the Pandits and try to keep them in their homes. Jagmohan completely refused and was intent on evacuating them. Apparenly even people in Pakistan now are buying the Indian propaganda completely…so I guess the GoI got what it needed out of the Pandits.

In any case, militancy is at an all-time low, and for years, poll after poll has shown that the overwhelming majority of Kashmiri Muslims (~95%) support the return of the Pandits. There’s no logical reason for them to remain in refugee camps, other than the fact that they provide invaluable propaganda for India and other anti-Kashmir elements like yourself.