Re: Ayone made anything from GS user Mehrunisa?
Thank you the recommendations Stoppit and Sana ![]()
Fanni I already PMed you, before reading the msges that your require a designer within the US
Try Huriya (Jiya Designs). Sheâs in the US
Re: Ayone made anything from GS user Mehrunisa?
Thank you the recommendations Stoppit and Sana ![]()
Fanni I already PMed you, before reading the msges that your require a designer within the US
Try Huriya (Jiya Designs). Sheâs in the US
Re: Ayone made anything from GS user Mehrunisa?
I want someone in the US to save on shipping and if it doesnât work out then I donât lose much. Thats why. Thanks for all your suggestions everyone.
Re: Ayone made anything from GS user Mehrunisa?
Also sending money to PK isnât 100% safe these days. I know someone who sent money to PK but the other person never received it b/c someone stole it or something. Not sure about that though. Another thing is, sending money to PK costs extra too.
Re: Ayone made anything from GS user Mehrunisa?
fanna - you will find that even with the money transfer charges and shipping, pakistani sellers will usually be cheaper. if they are fair, their profit margins arenât as high. obviously, if youâre running a business in the US, the margins on top of the making cost of the outfit will be greater both to cover additional costs and also because profit levels will be in dollars not rupees.
There are a bunch of ways to transfer money direct from the US (if you have a US bank account) to a Pakistani one - UBLRemit, PakRemit.
The charges arenât a lot at all.
Sellers like Prototype also use PakPost for shipping, which isnât going to cost more than $25 for a few suits (cheaper if itâs just 1).
If you wanna order a couple of suits, it will work out good value for money.
I think Proto will be working again in August, as far as I know she can make outfits according to your budget. But you do need to be aware that prices in Pak are crazy now and if you want outfits on a budget, they canât have the absolute best fabric etc.
Iâm sure CrystalBracelets can offer similar work, maybe she can shed light on that for you.
Thanks for the info stoppit. I think youre right. I emailed a designer right here in US and she just simply emailed me back she canât do it in my budget and no further details. I think shes the kind of designer that will have to put her foot down because costs for everything are higher in America. Maybe I should just stick with the lady in Pakistan but then my husband doesnât want me to get it made from there as he is scared of sending money there but once in a while one must take a risk to get what they want in the end
It depends on how your doing it Fanna. Western Union is usually pretty safe. You can also send it to someone payal account (a cousin or family member) where they could deposit the money in their own bank account. But actually Iâm not to sure if Paypal is available in Pakistan yet.. I do all my transfer through Western Union to vendors and family. It is the safest way in my experience.
Re: Ayone made anything from GS user Mehrunisa?
Yup, all my designerâs clients use Western Union and itâs not been a problem yet alhumdulillah.
I believe UBLRemit and PakRemit are safe too, as you are paying with a credit/debit card direct into the sellers bank account.
With a trusted seller you should have no problem as they will help you throughout the process.
Re: Ayone made anything from GS user Mehrunisa?
Youâre better off getting something from someone in Pakistan, here in the US its way overpriced.
Western union is reliable, iâve bought many outfits from several designers over hte internet and never had a problem with it.
Hereâs what I thinkâwhen u send money via Western Union, they provide u with a MTCN (money transfer confirmation number) that u give to the recipientâŚwhne they go to the WU office, they take their ID and that MTCN # and collect the money. After that, if that money gets stolen or whateverâŚtechnically thats not ur headacheâŚsomeone with ethics and principles will realize that and wonât ask u for more payment.
Oh and it only costs $10 to send upto $500 USD to Pakistan.
Re: Ayone made anything from GS user Mehrunisa?
Hey sara. Thanks for your advice. Sorry for the late response.I am so worried about my outfit. I have been speaking to Mehrunisa since early June and she seemed very reliable. She even told me she bought the cloth for my dress and she never does that for clients and I have to pay her right away to get the dress made. I paid her promptly and she said within a week or week and a half the dress would be done and sheâd send me a picture then ship the dress. I waited and then emailed her and she said the dress was 95% done and sheâd send me the pics the following week. (after a long time though did she say this to me) So I patiently waited till that date and the picture never arrived. I emailed her and a few days later she promised to show me the pic the week after and so I waited and it never came. I have been emailing her for 2 and a half weeks and she is not responding. Make duas she responds and is honest with my money and does indeed get the dress made and shipped to me. I saved up money just for this one dress and even though to some it may be on the cheap side, the money I spent could have been saved for the future house my hubby and I want to get some day..Lets see what happens. Hoping only for the best IâA
Re: Ayone made anything from GS user Mehrunisa?
![]()
Re: Ayone made anything from GS user Mehrunisa?
Ok. She replied finally today. Maybe she saw this post?? Who knows why..But she is suppper nice and I like her so far..She claims there was a load shedding problem for a while in Lahore. ? Will give final review when dress is shipped.
Re: Ayone made anything from GS user Mehrunisa?
Hope it goes well for you fanna.
I know yourâe situation about being peculiar in ordering frm Pakistan. Since my husband is also very paranoid with the whole situation. I live in UK and just orderd from one of the home based designers & touch wood it was lovely.
So iâd just say itâs pot luck & nowâa days nothingâs guranteed.
Do keep us posted on your dresses arrival. x
hey
i might be able to help you
you can email me at [email protected]
Re: Ayone made anything from GS user Mehrunisa?
fanna..
i understand ur husbandâs reasons. Mine is the same.. hence Iâve found people who have paypal accounts or credit card facilities. At least that way I can track my money transactions.
There are a few people based in US.. (im actually in aus but im happy to go through them) .. but their work is based in Pakistan. Having said that, they have been great to work with⌠and im not sure about your budget, but one of the ones I am dealing with at the moment is very reasonable.
fanaa has your outfit arrived yet?