Billy Bishop Airport and Porter Airlines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Bishop Airport and Porter Airlines

Anyone have any experience? I'm traveling from Chicago to Toronto and then on to Montreal, I have 3 suitcases, and one hour between flights. I've got a bunch of questions if anyone is has any idea about it!

Re: Billy Bishop Airport and Porter Airlines

I traveled on Air Canada recently from London to Montreal and then to Billy Bishop in Toronto. I was boarded on a smaller plane from Montreal but received all my luggage at that city airport. It was better as there was no queue at Montreal's transit immigration counter. Last year I had to wait almost 40 minutes at immigration when I flew direct to Pearson Airport.

Comment

How much time did you have for your connection to Billy Bishop? And were you able to re-check all your luggage in time? I know it's not the same airport.. but still, I've never had the experience of re-checking my luggage in transit... kinda worried about that.

Comment

Landed 1610. Flew at 1730. I got my luggage at final destination I.e Billy bishop and that is the normal for all airlines.

Comment

Hmm. I might have the wrong information then... I was under the impression, from looking up Porter's website, that at the first port of entry (for Canada and the US) it's required to re-check your luggage. I hope it's as you say, cos I've traveled to other places as well and have always gotten my luggage at the final destination... i'm quite nervous it that won't be the case.

Comment

Even if you have to get your luggage at BBA - it is a very small airport and has got only one carousel! Every thing happens very quick at this airport.

Comment

Wow, that's really small! I didn't know that... thanks for the info, a lot less nervous now lol

Comment

So were you able to manage your things?

Comment

I recently went on Porter from EWR-YTZ-YQB this summer however I may not be entirely helpful responding since I had no checked luggage. I can tell you that Porter is known for delays but if you check Flight Aware it will give you historical details of timings of flights. My flight out of EWR was delayed 30 mins but EWR is a horrible airport. From YTZ to YQR it was on time and the airport and facilities themselves are fine. I have never had an onward flight from YTZ but I am pretty certain your luggage and customs is done at the arriving airport of the final segment of your flight, so in your case Montreal.

Just ensure you have >1 hour layover in my experience with Porter. Otherwise you will be fine. Everyone's experience is different, and with every airline you will have issues, even with 5 star ones.

Good luck and have a safe journey!

Comment

Super-late response... but it went through pretty well lol. My flight out of Midway Chicago was super-delayed due to bad weather. So we arrived really late at Billy Bishop. Everything from there on was super-fast cos we wanted to make our connecting flight... we got our luggage super fast (only one carousel! lol) and then despite all our hurrying we missed our connecting flight, which again was due to our earlier delay + weather was bad in Toronto as well. We got on the next flight with virtually no wait-time, which was good for us. The one departure lounge or whatever was jam-packed through and it sounded like people have been waiting for a flight out to their next destination for 3 or 4+ hours. Aside from that... it was fine lol, I was nervous for no reason.

Comment

Oh and for anyone from the US who travels through Billy Bishop, you have to get your luggage and re-check it... super easy and fast though cos the airport is so tiny.

Comment

I don't think so...
                        Elixir Hair Transplant Clinic in Islamabad

Comment

Working...
                        X