Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to go in the states during winter break??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helpppppppppp

Comment

Originally posted by S08 View Post
      and LaGuardia airport/Astoria?

Ok Laguardia has its own pros and cons. There are many pros like proximity to airports, cleaner area, plenty of hotels, also proximity to Jackson heights so desi food is not that far.

On the other side you'll still have to do a little commute to manhattan and that'll be most likely by car (25 min drive). I'm not sure how may subway stations you'll find closeby. But its a good option and you can use it.
      Either way your days should be spent like you leave in the morning, take uber have them drop you somewhere in midtown or wherever and from there travel in subways to see whole city. By night get tired and uber back to hotel. I'm sure you'll have fun
      We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Thank you SID_NY for responding.

I am soooo confused. so hesitate to book the hotels etc. because they are sooo expensive. so I was looking into nj areas very nice brand hotels plus parking and cheap too. and I checked "maps app" driving is 1 hr and transit(bus, train etc) will take 2 hrs. So there is no way we can't drive to city plus finding the parking goin to be nightmare. checked uber too $88 from nj to time square.

So then I checked the flight to dc is double $400 and flight to phili $350 and fly to ny which I was planning to go and cheap $222.

I don't know what to do now.

I checked the reviews of the hotels in "long island city" mixed reviews parking is not free and even if they charge like $30 to $40 you have to park your car like 2-3 block which is not good with family when we come at night.

Comment

SID_NY now I am leaning toward LaGuardia aiport area. Please tell me that area is safe to stay with family.

Comment

Originally posted by S08 View Post
            Thank you SID_NY for responding.

I am soooo confused. so hesitate to book the hotels etc. because they are sooo expensive. so I was looking into nj areas very nice brand hotels plus parking and cheap too. and I checked "maps app" driving is 1 hr and transit(bus, train etc) will take 2 hrs. So there is no way we can't drive to city plus finding the parking goin to be nightmare. checked uber too $88 from nj to time square.

So then I checked the flight to dc is double $400 and flight to phili $350 and fly to ny which I was planning to go and cheap $222.

I don't know what to do now.

I checked the reviews of the hotels in "long island city" mixed reviews parking is not free and even if they charge like $30 to $40 you have to park your car like 2-3 block which is not good with family when we come at night.
            So one thing is that if you are coming from nj get off anywhere at downtown and then commute by subway. La guardia should be fine. Better try getting hotels like Marriott etc which arent that deep inside so you'll be safer and its quick to get to the highway. You'll be close to airport as well as Flushing meadows park (US open one). and as i said Jackson heights isnt that far.
            From Laguardia there will be little commute but less headache. Atleast its straight.

Now talking about DC or philli, why would you fly? I mean just come to ny and then drive there. Or vice versa..

Just relax, it takes time to plan out everything but you are doing fine.

Let me know if there is any other question
            We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Thank you so much SID

My husband is driving me crazy after I told him about the price etc.

Yeah hotel close to LaGuardia sounds good plus u said Jackson heights for halal desi food. but little commute.

Yes we will be driving to phili and dc.

Comment

Working...
              X