Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to go in the states during winter break??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go in the states during winter break??

No florida please recommend. thanks

Sigh.. I didnt go anywhere in Summer and you are talking about.......

Ok not sure where you reside otherwise Cali is big and wonderful places there. For winter activities, Colarado or Oregon? How about Vegas or Canyans?
    We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Gulnaz from Nat Geo to the rescue

We found a trip for every type of winter wanderer.
      We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Go to Arizona in Winter. You might just get there in time to see snow on cacti.
        "Brevity is the soul of wit." Hamlet, William Shakespeare.

Comment

So we are in Miami, floridia.

so the list does include east side Washington, phili.
          my hubby doesn't want to go to cali

so nyc, Washington dc, phili. hotels in nyc are very expensive. so where should we stay? Its gona be first winter trip with kids. How cold will it be :shock:

and its gona be a week trip.

Comment

• Cashmere
            Cashmere commented
            Editing a comment
            If I had to choose between NY or DC I'd choose DC. Both will be a bit expensive, if you're tight on budget. However, you can drive off 40-60 minutes towards a nearby town and stay at a cheaper hotel.

btw, me and kids never seen snow :shocking: my hubby is from Chicago though so he loves winter weather.

Comment

• Cashmere
            Cashmere commented
            Editing a comment
            If you want to make the most out of your vacay don't go after the snow. Maine/Vermont/New Hampshire have scenic winters but are extremely boring--with kids.

Cashmere, we will be flying. Yeah that's what I was looking hotels away from main attraction (time square) but I don't know where to look though??? will train be ok? or uber to drop off at time square. need help in planning...like how many days in nyc, dc, and phili? thanks for your help.

Comment

I am not so interested in snow.

Comment

Originally posted by S08 View Post
              Cashmere, we will be flying. Yeah that's what I was looking hotels away from main attraction (time square) but I don't know where to look though??? will train be ok? or uber to drop off at time square. need help in planning...like how many days in nyc, dc, and phili? thanks for your help.
              Um.. Christmas days in NYC are the best.
              Psss: Home alone part 2 reference.

Its super crowded for sure. Uber &Lyft are very helpful depends on where you are staying. Check hotels in 'Long island city'. Its v close from manhattan and very accessible via subway train as well. Let me know if you need any more help. And yes, you can even drive to Phillies if you take rental, its just 2 hrs from NYC
              Even Jersey city is another place to get a cheaper hotel but then commuting in a cab thru tunnels will be a nightmare

Comment

Ok thanks SID. so "long island city" is safe? We will rent a car for sure. But driving to time square is very bad idea so that's why wanted to ask if uber and train station will be ok and safe. Can you tell what temperature will it be from December 25? Should I Fly to dc or phili or nyc(la gaurdia)? Like stay in nyc 2 days and then back to phili or dc?

Comment

Why dont you travel to Vancouver Canadian dollar is so cheap, The drive to whistler on sea to sky highway is incredible and you can take the Ferry to the Island, maybe do whale watching and stuff.

Comment

just go to chicago or boston

Comment

Ok thanks SID. so "long island city" is safe? We will rent a car for sure. But driving to time square is very bad idea so that's why wanted to ask if uber and train station will be ok and safe. Can you tell what temperature will it be from December 25? Should I Fly to dc or phili or nyc(la gaurdia)? Like stay in nyc 2 days and then back to phili or dc?
                      LIC is safer than jersey city ofcourse but has usual risks of anywhere in NY. You can look for the area of queens closer to manhattan. You have to be careful and inshallah it'll be all good. Overall driving within nyc is a bad idea specially when you are supposed to have fun. So take rental when you have to head out of city. Parking is even a bigger problem. Subway system is very good but if its your whole family together and you dont want to walk in and out, uber is the way to go. It usually doesnt snow but you gotto have gloves, hat, thick jacket/long coat etc. all winter accessories. Even if it snows it wouldnt be a blizzard which is fine. Driving to Philli or DC sounds way better. Its 2 hrs drive to philly and 5 hrs to DC. Not bad at all.

Comment

No point in going to NYC if you don't ride the subway! Trains are a fun experience there, especially if you originate from rural suburbs. Ditch the car, take the train and do lots of walking! Like SID said, holiday season is pretty good in NYC. DC isn't any less minus the train part.
                        "Brevity is the soul of wit." Hamlet, William Shakespeare.

Comment

Bobby1 its gona be freezzinnngggg. will go in summer, IA! I am scare of heights r roads safe to drive. and its ok to go with kids.

Comment

Working...
                          X