Alternatives to Travel From Islamabad to Lahore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternatives to Travel From Islamabad to Lahore

Apart from the Daewoos , what are other alternative from Pindi/Islamabad to Lahore.

Anyone have contacts Rent a Cars / Taxi / Something else ?

Its for a Family.

Ride with uber or careem then.... since the journey from isb to Lahore is long and it's summer time as well.... you should consider air conditioned cars only...
    Else you can simply go to faizabad adaa and find rent a car or pickup service there.
    Last edited by Pakistani Prince; Aug 10th, 2018, 06:50 AM.
    So verily... with every difficulty, there is relief. Al-Quran 94 : 5-6

Comment

You can always use our beautiful Pakistan Railways
      “Every son of Adam sins, and the best of those who sin are those who repent.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2499; classed as hasan by al-Albaani.

Comment

• decentGuy
        decentGuy commented
        Editing a comment
        O railways ! I have so many fond memories. Tezro, Shalimar, Tezgam. Now I feel so lucky I got to experience them.

My guess is Rs 12000/- round trip for a Family of 4, at least that is what I paid 2 years back for a two day trip plus food and lodging for the driver, and I also paid for the Gas.

it is almost the same as what you pay on Daewoo Bus!

In our case the driver was a family friend!
      Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Originally posted by Sheeda Pistol View Post
        You can always use our beautiful Pakistan Railways
        I did that too, but the Track condition is so deplorable! you don't enjoy the bumpy ride! may be they fixed it by now, or may be they will after a train s derailed!
        Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Originally posted by SindSagar View Post

I did that too, but the Track condition is so deplorable! you don't enjoy the bumpy ride! may be they fixed it by now, or may be they will after a train s derailed!

Well, how many planes do you hear that get crashed in a year? Perhaps 1, 2 possibly 3? Do people stop traveling by planes? No. Similarly, how many passenger trains have you heard of that got derailed in Pakistan over the past year or so? 1 or 2? So lets just leave the derailment danger aside. More people get killed in vehicle crashes every month on Pakistan's motorways than on railways.

Why am i defending the railways, no not cos of Saad Rafiq or Sheikh Rashid. I love traveling in train. I love the freedom it offers and i love the chugging sound of the engines. I have traveled via train many a times from pindi to jhelum and beyond. Yes the unhygienic pakoray at the Lala Musa station are to die for and the rustic, idyllic scenery that the PR offers as it travels thru the heart of Punjab cannot be ignored either.

“Every son of Adam sins, and the best of those who sin are those who repent.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2499; classed as hasan by al-Albaani.

Comment

• SindSagar
            SindSagar commented
            Editing a comment
            I know best I experienced in the 80's was Shalimar from Lahore to Karachi in 16 hrs, they serve you food in your seat!

And also went from Jehlum to Quetta on Bolan Mail back in 1959, when it passes by Mach in Balochistan had to get the Steam Engine attached for the high torque going up hill! it was still so slow that the staff would walk along the moving train going from bogie to bogie serving fresh breakfast!

Nothing wrong with the service, but the track between Lahore and Pindi needs fixing!

A night couch of Railways services also an alternative journey services from Lahore to Rawalpindi...
          Elixir Hair Transplant Clinic in Islamabad

Comment

Working...
          X