Dhikr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dhikr

In this thread we will mention the various adhkar (azkaar).

What is Dhikr: It is the name of devotional acts in Islam in which short phrases or prayers are repeatedly recited silently within the mind or aloud.

But the scope of Dhikr is much wider. It is not just felt by the heart and uttered by the tongue but must also affect good deeds.

The great muslim scholar, Ibn Al-Qayyim has the following definition of Dhikr:

"any and every particular moment when you are thinking, saying or doing things which Allah likes".

First a couple of Hadiths:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Allah the Exalted says: 'I am as my slave expects me to be, and I am with him when he remembers Me. If he remembers Me inwardly, I will remember him inwardly, and if he remembers Me in an assembly, I will remember him in a better assembly (i.e., in the assembly of angels)."

Sahih Bukhaari Book 16, Hadith 1435

Some of the angels travel throughout the world, seeking out gatherings of dhikr (remembrance of Allah).

Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said:

"The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: ‘Allah, be He blessed and exalted, has angels who travel the highways seeking out the people of dhikr. When they find people remembering Allah, the Mighty and Majestic, they call out to one another, "Come to what you hunger for!" and they enfold them with their wings, stretching up to the lowest heaven. Their Lord asks them, and He knows better than them, "What are My slaves saying?" They say: "They are glorifying, magnifying, praising and extolling You." He asks, "Have they seen Me?" They say, "No, by Allah, they have not seen You." He asks, "And how would it be if they saw Me?" They say, "They would be even more fervent and devoted in their praise and worship." He asks, "What are they asking me for?" They say, "They ask You for Paradise." He asks, "And have they seen it?" They say, "No, by Allah, O Lord, they have not seen it." He asks, "And how would it be if they saw it?" They say: "They would be even more eager for it and they would beseech You even more earnestly." He asks, "And what do they seek My protection from?" They say, "From the Fire of Hell." He asks, "Have they seen it?" They say, "No, by Allah, they have not seen it." He asks, "And how would it be if they saw it?" They say: "They would be even more afraid and anxious to escape it." Allah says: "You are My witnesses that I have forgiven them." One of the angels says: "So-and-so is not really one of them; he came (to the gathering) for some other reason." Allah says, "They were all in the gathering, and one of them will not be excluded (from forgiveness).""

Sahih Bukhaari Book 16, Hadith 1447

Last edited by Sheeda Pistol; Apr 19th, 2018, 03:56 PM.
    “Every son of Adam sins, and the best of those who sin are those who repent.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2499; classed as hasan by al-Albaani.

Re: Dhikr

The following are the masnoon adhkar to be read after every Fard salah of the day. Reference to the hadith is also mentioned against each dua.

(you will notice that it has Ayat Al Kursi, the three Quls, and other protective adhkaar, if you pray 5 times a day, remain in wudhoo most of the day and recite these azkaar, you will be protected from harm from the jinn kind)
    “Every son of Adam sins, and the best of those who sin are those who repent.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2499; classed as hasan by al-Albaani.

Comment

Life Is Too Short To Wake Up With Regrets.Love the people who treat you right & have compassion for the ones who don't.
      Half of a person's beauty comes from the tongue

Comment

Originally posted by Sheeda Pistol View Post
        The following are the masnoon adhkar to be read after every Fard salah of the day. Reference to the hadith is also mentioned against each dua.

(you will notice that it has Ayat Al Kursi, the three Quls, and other protective adhkaar, if you pray 5 times a day, remain in wudhoo most of the day and recite these azkaar, you will be protected from harm from the jinn kind)
        If someone wants to read more details below link is a good source

https://www.duaandazkar.com/dua-after-fard-salah/
        Our Lord, avert from us the punishment of Jahannam (the Hell); indeed, its punishment is a persisting affliction.” (65) Indeed, it is evil as an abode and a place to dwell in (66)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IS View Post
            If someone wants to read more details below link is a good source

https://www.duaandazkar.com/dua-after-fard-salah/

Thanks for this resource. There is an andriod/ios app associated with it as well

Comment

The salah itself is dhikhr of Allah. Here is one of the duas that I recite in salah after the final tashahhud before tasleem.

Comment

https://78.media.tumblr.com/e3b4397ca2aedb56fc8dbb29d6248acd/tumblr_n8o11w0oCi1rfmt73o1_500.jpg

Allahumma Anta Rabbi, la ilaha illa Anta, khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana ala ahdika wa wa'dika mastata?tu, a'udhu bika min sharri ma sana'tu, abu'u laka bini'matika alayya, wa abu'u bidhanbi faghfir li, fa innahu la yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa Anta.

(O Allah! You are my Rab. There is no true god except You. You have created me, and I am Your slave, and I hold to Your Covenant as far as I can. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I acknowledge the favours that You have bestowed upon me, and I confess my sins. Pardon me, for none but You has the power to pardon).?

This istighfar dua right here was described by the Holy Prophet (saw) as the best dua for seeking forgiveness. It is all encompassing of a Muslim?s total submission to Allah (saw), our acceptance of His power over us, our acceptance of our own fallibility, and a plea for forgiveness and pardon.

To help us understand and appreciate the magnitude of the blessings of this dua, the Holy Prophet (saw) said that: ?He who supplicates in these terms during the day with firm belief in it and dies on the same day (before the evening), he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah; and if anyone supplicates in these terms during the night with firm belief in it and dies before the morning, he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah.? (Bukhari)

Comment

Have your past sins forgiven by reciting this dua after eating your food.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e1/75/57/e17557b6cbf5f3514803e4fca63c0653--food-networktrisha-islamic.jpg

Comment

https://destinationjannath.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/istighfar-2.png?w=620

Comment

Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Whoever sits in a gathering and indulges in useless talk and before getting up supplicates: 'Subhanaka Allahumma wa bihamdika, ash-hadu an la ilaha illa Anta, astaghfiruka wa atubu ilaika (O Allah, You are free from every imperfection; praise be to You. I testify that there is no true god except You; I ask Your Pardon and turn to You in repentance),' he will be forgiven for (the sins he may have intentionally or unintentionally committed) in that assembly."

[At-Tirmidhi].

Sunnah.com reference : Book 5, Hadith 19
                      Arabic/English book reference : Book 5, Hadith 83

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-uKzSC4DOvvg/WNODLuLKukI/AAAAAAAAF7A/9etxc06cZgEOQyc2DLSZUd6lJaljQFjGgCL0B/w800-h800/e93bf78892359ad988c36ed08d38b4a7.jpg

Perhaps we should recite this dua after leaving GS

Comment

Are the minor as well as major sins forgiven by reading the above mentioned dhikr or is it just the minor sins?

What are the major sins?
                        Life Is Too Short To Wake Up With Regrets.Love the people who treat you right & have compassion for the ones who don't.

Comment

Anyone ??

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
                            Anyone ??
                            No one here. Even the mod is MIA

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
                              Are the minor as well as major sins forgiven by reading the above mentioned dhikr or is it just the minor sins?

What are the major sins?
                              I think you already know what the major sins are, still if you want me to mention some of them, sure:

Shirk
                              Adultery/Fornication
                              Consumption of Interest
                              Homosexuality
                              Murder
                              Magic
                              Not performing salah/not paying zakat
                              Drinking alcohol/gambling
                              etc.

The dhikr that I mentioned above (with Hadith reference) helps in erasing the minor sins, not major sins. This is as far as I know, I also have not consulted any scholar of Islam, just answering based on what I know and some common sense, and I know very little.

For major sins, you will have to do a little better than reciting some azkaar. It will require some major repenting, and Allah is the most forgiving.

Two of Allah's names are:

Ghafoor
                              and
                              Ghaffar

Ghafoor means someone who forgives.
                              Ghaffar means someone who continually forgives.

This was beautifully explained by Mufti Ismail Menk in one of his videos, Ill see if I can find it again to post.

I think this is your answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X