Ashura Holidays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashura Holidays

As we know a lot of people plan tours to northern areas or visit their relatives. Do you think it is against the sanctity of month of Muharram?
    Turn the table...
    Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

I do not see anything wrong with getting married or going out in muharam.....
    So verily... with every difficulty, there is relief. Al-Quran 94 : 5-6

Comment

• SID_NY
      SID_NY commented
      Editing a comment
      Its a whole different topic on its own. I've heard a lot of opinions about it. We should have a seperate discussion

I think the two things are totally unrelated. Even if they are going outdoors or meeting someone, they would still be respecting Moharram whole-heartedly.

One important thing we all need to learn and implement is not to force our religious (or political/social) preferences and practices onto others. The world is much better with the 'let it go' theme.
    We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

No, one shouldn't hold any celebrations the first 10 days of muharram out of respect but meeting relatives or making trips is clearly not forbidden anywhere.
      Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
        I think the two things are totally unrelated. Even if they are going outdoors or meeting someone, they would still be respecting Moharram whole-heartedly.

One important thing we all need to learn and implement is not to force our religious (or political/social) preferences and practices onto others. The world is much better with the 'let it go' theme.
        an article published by tribune.
        https://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/2...y-to-have-fun/
        many, especially shia would call a tour to murre or hunza a fun activity.
        Turn the table...

Comment

Originally posted by ajazali View Post

an article published by tribune.
          https://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/2...y-to-have-fun/
          many, especially shia would call a tour to murre or hunza a fun activity.

Yes many hardcore people would take it as an offense for disrespecting muharram and thats where my point comes where one shouldnt enforce his ideology onto others. I completely disagree with that opinion that if one is mourning, the others should confine to their homes. That doesnt even happen in real life where say (God forbid) a death occurs in a home and they start thinking that for 10 days nobody in the neighborhood should goto any tour etc. Thats just unfair with others.

However, if someone starts 'celebrating' like kind of a 'dhoom dharraka'. That would be totally wrong
          We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Ashura is one day only

Don't understand why have holidays

if talking about having holidays in Muharram , then the practicing Shia's are usually busy in fasting prayers listening to lectures etc etc and unlikely to make plans for outing aside from meeting relatives or friends

As for non practicing, it doesn't matter if they fly in the sky or swim in the ocean to each his/her own

One article can't generalize the community anyway

Respecting this month and not killing a Shia is a bigger issue imho for Pakistan

Comment

Originally posted by ajazali View Post
              As we know a lot of people plan tours to northern areas or visit their relatives. Do you think it is against the sanctity of month of Muharram?
              Of course go crazy entertain yourself and celebrate the heinous slaughter of Prophets family and celebrate Yazids victory. You do know that he also ordered the Prophets family to be abused at every mosque at Friday Kuttubas. I am not even a Muslim and I will bow my head in respect and not use this occasion to consciously engage in any entertainment. The reason for Muslim plight is self serving despicable hate mongers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post

Of course go crazy entertain yourself and celebrate the heinous slaughter of Prophets family and celebrate Yazids victory. You do know that he also ordered the Prophets family to be abused at every mosque at Friday Kuttubas. I am not even a Muslim and I will bow my head in respect and not use this occasion to consciously engage in any entertainment. The reason for Muslim plight is self serving despicable hate mongers.
                why?
                Hate mongers include those as well who do tabarra (curse) on sahaba
                Turn the table...

Comment

• Bobby1
                  Bobby1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I thought only Ahle Beyat are promised Jannah and everyone else will be judged by the Almighty according to deeds.

• ajazali
                  ajazali commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Why are you an atheist when you believe the prophet and his family deserve this regard? why not believe in the message at first place?

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post

WOW.. I never saw this coming. I always thought you are still a muslim but now you have declared it officially I'll keep this as a record.

Just hoping you never call yourself a Syed since Syeds arent a non-muslim.

I'm sure since you are a minority now we'll give you due respect as per the religious teachings of treating all non-muslims with dignity.

Comment

• SID_NY
                  SID_NY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yea I didnt expect any sensible comment from you so i'm glad you didnt disappoint me as usual. As I said, I've a lot of respect for non-muslims and those who are here on GS know it already. Just glad it came out of the bag

• Bobby1
                  Bobby1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Most here know that I am an atheist and a humanist and very happy at that and been that way for 20 yrs.

• SID_NY
                  SID_NY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can be whoever you want my confused friend. Its your life.

Peace,

I think there is no ban on travelling and visiting relatives.
                Never explain urself to any1 The person who likes u doesn't need it &The person who dislike u won't believe it

Comment

Working...
                X