Ishtikhara

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ishtikhara

Just to understand ishtikhara better does it give you clarity or do the things that are best for you begin to happen once you start praiying?

secodaly if someone was to start doing zikr all the time and by that i mean possibly whenever possible would this lead to things happening for the better in their life?
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.” ~

Istikhara is not about getting some green or red signal in dream... It's a dua through which you ask ALLAH to guide you to the right direction, and after making dua, you move towards your goal... If that specific thing is good for you, you will get it, otherwise by the barkat of dua, some actions or things or arguments will move you away from it eventually. That's my understanding.
    So verily... with every difficulty, there is relief. Al-Quran 94 : 5-6

Comment

If something is good for you, it will be made easy for you. And if something is not in your best interest, it will be blocked for you.

However, I think it can depend upon the situation, too. You may arrive at the conclusion in various ways.

Once I felt confused about whether or not I should help someone who had moved abroad from Pak. I was not unsympathetic to their struggles; I had helped them out in various ways ..many times. And I was beginning to feel as like I was being taken advantage of. What made matters more confusing for me was that I really cared about this person but they were driving me crazy. TBH, I was leaning more toward letting them accomplish their assignment on their own...but that niggling feeling of doubt was what led me to do istikhara for the matter. I got my answer in the form of a dream...and a very clear one. In my dream I saw the Desi lady from the salon I would go to. I never dream of her; I don't even think of her. I see her coming out of from an airplane and I don't recall what happened next in the dream, but I believe my feelings (about helping ) were in the positive...like I had an awareness both in the dream...and after waking up...that I should help. And there was no doubt in my mind/heart...and I believed I had received my answer.

Another time I felt very conflicted from within because I was debating a career change and this meant going back to uni again and spending a lot of money and time. I did my research online and it seemed that this career path was comparatively less stressful than my current one. But I still wasn't sure. I had even talked to a couple people who belonged to the profession and only received vague answers, lol. Then my friend offered to ask this girl ...let's call her V...all the questions I had in mind. "V" had worked in that profession for 10 years. The problem was that V and I were not friends. So my friend offered to ask V for me. About a month ...maybe more than a month has passed....and I had received no response. Nor did I contact my friend to find out what had happened. You could say I had forgotten about her. So one evening..after Maghrib...I prayed istikhara. And I asked Allah to give me such a clear sign that it would leave no room for **any** doubt in my heart/mind. While I was making this dua...my cell kept ringing...and I wondered who it could be as I rarely received calls at that time. I finished my dua and checked the phone....Lo n Behold...it was that same friend I had not heard from in a month. And she was calling me RIGHT when I was making my istikhara dua. Talk about perfect timing! She had shared with me all the info she had received from V....and that info contained the answers to the exact questions/doubts that I had....and that I could not find online. After that conversation, I received my answer....I was not going to pursue it. All interest was removed from my heart. I felt calm from within. And while I still have a fascination for the field, I still don't any regrets for not pursuing it. I felt content on the inside.

So, in the above stories...I received an answer in different ways but the outcome of both was that I felt content.

More recently, I did istikhara for a rishta of sorts. The guy was interested but I didn't get the best vibe from his profile. It made me feel uneasy. I discussed it with my friends. One said I was overthinking it and should give him a shot whilst the other friend felt the same as I did. I performed istikhara several times and my heart still felt troubled. Moreover, I found that the guy was hardly on my mind and when I did think of him...I dreaded the prospect of speaking to him. Still, I pushed myself to give him a shot. I asked him the questions about some doubts that I had about him based on his profile...and he answered honestly...and confirmed all my suspicions. So, that made it even more clear for me that he wasn't the one. The uneasy feeling in my heart was confirmed by how the conversation with him unfolded. He was fairly attractive...but I don't have any regrets...I feel content.

When you do istikhara....pay attention to whether your heart is inclined or feels uneasy. And if you're unsure...proceed with the matter...and it will eventually become clear for u. Either it will happen or it won't. It's kind of like ...let's say you are driving to a location you have never been to. In your heart you might feel unsure....but you might have to proceed ahead.....to drive a few miles...before you look around you and realize that you're not in the right place and then you head back. Or conversely...you realize that you're in the right area...because the surroundings make sense and you feel at ease.

Regardless of how Allah gives you the answer, the outcome will be (should be) that of internal ease/contentment.

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
        If something is good for you, it will be made easy for you. And if something is not in your best interest, it will be blocked for you.

However, I think it can depend upon the situation, too. You may arrive at the conclusion in various ways.

Once I felt confused about whether or not I should help someone who had moved abroad from Pak. I was not unsympathetic to their struggles; I had helped them out in various ways ..many times. And I was beginning to feel as like I was being taken advantage of. What made matters more confusing for me was that I really cared about this person but they were driving me crazy. TBH, I was leaning more toward letting them accomplish their assignment on their own...but that niggling feeling of doubt was what led me to do istikhara for the matter. I got my answer in the form of a dream...and a very clear one. In my dream I saw the Desi lady from the salon I would go to. I never dream of her; I don't even think of her. I see her coming out of from an airplane and I don't recall what happened next in the dream, but I believe my feelings (about helping ) were in the positive...like I had an awareness both in the dream...and after waking up...that I should help. And there was no doubt in my mind/heart...and I believed I had received my answer.

Another time I felt very conflicted from within because I was debating a career change and this meant going back to uni again and spending a lot of money and time. I did my research online and it seemed that this career path was comparatively less stressful than my current one. But I still wasn't sure. I had even talked to a couple people who belonged to the profession and only received vague answers, lol. Then my friend offered to ask this girl ...let's call her V...all the questions I had in mind. "V" had worked in that profession for 10 years. The problem was that V and I were not friends. So my friend offered to ask V for me. About a month ...maybe more than a month has passed....and I had received no response. Nor did I contact my friend to find out what had happened. You could say I had forgotten about her. So one evening..after Maghrib...I prayed istikhara. And I asked Allah to give me such a clear sign that it would leave no room for **any** doubt in my heart/mind. While I was making this dua...my cell kept ringing...and I wondered who it could be as I rarely received calls at that time. I finished my dua and checked the phone....Lo n Behold...it was that same friend I had not heard from in a month. And she was calling me RIGHT when I was making my istikhara dua. Talk about perfect timing! She had shared with me all the info she had received from V....and that info contained the answers to the exact questions/doubts that I had....and that I could not find online. After that conversation, I received my answer....I was not going to pursue it. All interest was removed from my heart. I felt calm from within. And while I still have a fascination for the field, I still don't any regrets for not pursuing it. I felt content on the inside.

So, in the above stories...I received an answer in different ways but the outcome of both was that I felt content.

More recently, I did istikhara for a rishta of sorts. The guy was interested but I didn't get the best vibe from his profile. It made me feel uneasy. I discussed it with my friends. One said I was overthinking it and should give him a shot whilst the other friend felt the same as I did. I performed istikhara several times and my heart still felt troubled. Moreover, I found that the guy was hardly on my mind and when I did think of him...I dreaded the prospect of speaking to him. Still, I pushed myself to give him a shot. I asked him the questions about some doubts that I had about him based on his profile...and he answered honestly...and confirmed all my suspicions. So, that made it even more clear for me that he wasn't the one. The uneasy feeling in my heart was confirmed by how the conversation with him unfolded. He was fairly attractive...but I don't have any regrets...I feel content.

When you do istikhara....pay attention to whether your heart is inclined or feels uneasy. And if you're unsure...proceed with the matter...and it will eventually become clear for u. Either it will happen or it won't. It's kind of like ...let's say you are driving to a location you have never been to. In your heart you might feel unsure....but you might have to proceed ahead.....to drive a few miles...before you look around you and realize that you're not in the right place and then you head back. Or conversely...you realize that you're in the right area...because the surroundings make sense and you feel at ease.

Regardless of how Allah gives you the answer, the outcome will be (should be) that of internal ease/contentment.
        You explained it quite well! Istakhara is sunnah and it should be performed before every big decision in life. It shows sort of a light to those who believe.

Comment

Working...
        X