First muslim woman in US Congress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First muslim woman in US Congress

All power to women.. all power to Democratic party who is the only representative of minorities in this country.

Despite the repeated exhibition of hatred and bigotry by the ruling republican party, the imposition of muslim ban and the promotion of white supremacists, the voters in Michigan decided to send Rashid Tlaib, a muslim woman in Congress for the first time ever. A history is made this week.

She'll be first Palestinian-American Congress-woman as well.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/40...an-to-congress

Former Michigan state Rep. Rashida Tlaib won the Democratic nomination for Michigan's 13th Congressional District, paving the way for her to become the first Muslim woman elected into Congress.

Tlaib, who ran for a House seat previously held by former Rep. John Conyers Jr. (D-Mich.), defeated five other candidates in the state's Democratic primary
    We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

ye ye, I saw her on the ballot and voted for her, it sucks that Abdul el sayed who was running for governor didn't win though...
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Comment

• SID_NY
      SID_NY commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats great that you voted for her. Did Abdul lose in primary or was it general?

• NaanGuard
      NaanGuard commented
      Editing a comment
      He lost in the primary to a gretchen whitmer whose basically Hillary 2.0...He was endorsed by bernie sanders too...
      needless to say, Its almost guranteed now we are going lose the the governer seat to republicans (again)....I've spoken to some of my republican/middle of the road friends and they would rather vote republican than vote for a female democrat...if it was a guy like abdul al sayed..they would have thought it about it...which is kind of funny.

Republicans voting for an Arab muslim?!

Lulzzz
    Say no to 'islamofascism'..

Comment

Yup, the republicans cannot imagine voting for a woman yet.. UNLESS, she is a supremacist herself or someone endorsed by NRA like Sarah Palin
      We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Nice.
        I hope Ocasio-Cortez gets elected into the House of Reps. The Democrats need to move further left and these establishment Dems need to gtfo.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaidwhatIsaid View Post
          Nice.
          I hope Ocasio-Cortez gets elected into the House of Reps. The Democrats need to move further left and these establishment Dems need to gtfo.
          Don't fall for false prophets. Obama was supposed to be far left and bring in "change". All these characters end up becoming part of the establishment.

Comment

• SID_NY
            SID_NY commented
            Editing a comment
            Obama had the toughest situation in terms of Rethuglicans controlling both house and Senate. Yet he gave us Paris climate deal and so many other positive milestones which later got revoked. As for Obama care, we have seen that all those who claimed to revoke it the first day in office are unable to bring anything even closer to that. History will remember him as one of the greatest Presidents.

Originally posted by third string View Post

Don't fall for false prophets. Obama was supposed to be far left and bring in "change". All these characters end up becoming part of the establishment.
          I've already gone past that mindset. It's not like I expect some kind of leftist revolution with her being elected, but even ~change on a smaller level is good. Being cynical of the idea that things can get better through the government is natural at this point, but the fact that there will be a government in place regardless of what we think about it practically necessitates somebody that isn't complete sh*t to get some type of power. Damage control I suppose, but whatever. But the Dems do need to change their strategy. Being Center-Left hasn't done much but have them be dunked on by the Republicans over and over again. Bernie Sanders and the hype behind him has displayed that something like that could work.

Comment

God is great?
            All muslims around the world are happy?
            Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

Originally posted by Southie View Post
              God is great?
              All muslims around the world are happy?

Democrats are doing this now to everyone who is suppressed and needs a voice.

Read this
              Ms. Hallquist, a Democrat, became the first transgender candidate to be nominated for a governorship by a major party.

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post

Democrats are doing this now to everyone who is suppressed and needs a voice.

Read this
                I was quoting another funny guy when I stated all Muslims in the world are now happy.

I am glad she won. And would have voted for her. Enthusiastically.
                Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

Working...
                X