Free Lance work online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Lance work online

Has anyone tried the free lance online job portals. Do they really yield something?? Tried registering for one, but my profile got rejected saying that they already have lot of applicants with the same profile. grrrr.....
    Wondering if anyone has tried it out really and if its generating any income.

I know quite a few who are into freelance work and they all faced same struggle of profiles getting rejected, not considered by clients etc. It needs a lot of patience and a lot of work on different freelancing sites. Also, aint there any certifications? That'll help
    We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Originally posted by messedup View Post
      Has anyone tried the free lance online job portals. Do they really yield something?? Tried registering for one, but my profile got rejected saying that they already have lot of applicants with the same profile. grrrr.....
      Wondering if anyone has tried it out really and if its generating any income.
      This sounds like upwork and they are not taking new applications for majority of the skills. They do accept the application on the skills that have low competition.

About generating income, it really depends where you live. If you are in Pakistan (or India) these sites can produce considerable income if you are able to establish a profile with good rating and reviews. Initial projects might have to be accepted at dirt cheap rates.

For the most part these freelance sites like guru, freelancer, upwork, PPH etc are not a very good option if you are in US, Canada, UK etc. You can get better rates from projects on Craigslist or Gumtree.

The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray. (Al-Fatihah)

Comment

I got the same reply from upwork. They are not accepting my profile.Tried changing the skills but no luck so far.
        Dil dil Pakistan

Comment

Last edited by SindSagar; 16 hours ago.
          Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Working...
          X