Uber trying to buy Careem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uber trying to buy Careem

All those in Gulf and Pakistan now how effective Careem is. Like far more than uber. Last year when I visited Pakistan I noticed how people are happy with Careem staff and service. Many of them hated Uber.

And now big fish is planning to catch the small one.

Uber Technologies Inc. is in discussions to buy its Dubai-based rival Careem Networks FZ as the ride-hailing giant expands in the Middle East, people familiar with the matter said.

A deal could value Careem at $2 billion to $2.5 billion, the people said, asking not to be identified because the talks are private. Negotiations are ongoing and Careem?s management is working to convince the firm?s shareholders of the merits of a deal, the people said. No final decisions have been made, and the companies may decide against the transaction, they said.

Careem has more than a million drivers and operates in more than 100 cities in the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Lebanon, Pakistan, Kuwait, Egypt, Morocco, Jordan, Turkey, Palestine, Iraq and Sudan, according to its website. The app lets customers book rides on cars, bikes, golf carts, boats and rickshaws as well as schedule deliveries.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ng-firm-careem
    We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Uber trying to play monopoly. I wouldn't be surprised if it succeeds.
    "Brevity is the soul of wit." Hamlet, William Shakespeare.

Comment

• SID_NY
      SID_NY commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea same big corporations stuff. All hail Capitalism

Is Uber a buy?
    Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

• SID_NY
      SID_NY commented
      Editing a comment
      You tell us, the stocks guru

• Southie
      Southie commented
      Editing a comment
      Bobby1 looks at new stocks. This old man looks at old stocks.

Naya Jamana aaya hai

how can it be....strange.....so many people depending on careem...they got new cars from bank.....all wasted?

Comment

Last year an Uber driver told me that he prefers driving for Careem because of their bonus policy. I didn't used Uber rickshaw service but hoping to try it next time.

Comment

uber is chwal..nobody uses it..
        Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

Working...
        X