Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dozens of Peacocks die in Pakistan

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
    In Karachi. Those birds would fly hundreds of miles, day and night to reach their final destination mainly Haleji lake and Keenjhar lake in Sindh.
    More info: Migratory Waterfowls
    Hm..thats crazy cuz I dont remember it as I spent early childhood in Khi as well. May be never noticed which is so not me.
    We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
      Hm..thats crazy cuz I dont remember it as I spent early childhood in Khi as well. May be never noticed which is so not me.
      Do you recall the groups of regular Eagles (Cheel) flying high in the skies while you were growing up? Perhaps you took the migratory birds as Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
        Do you recall the groups of regular Eagles (Cheel) flying high in the skies while you were growing up? Perhaps you took the migratory birds as Eagles.
        Yes cuz I dont think migratory birds take stopovers. The birds I remember as eagles (You are right), used to stop and stop for hours. We had large trees outside out house and our roof top was larger too where i used to spend time so I watched them hovering over for hours.

Ah, Nostalgia kicking in..
        We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Migratory birds take stopovers at different ranges depending on the specie. I heard some of the birds would take a stopover somewhere in Afghanistan. The greatest mystery for me was their ability to navigate the route and pass that information to next generation. It seems there is a general consensus now that it involves both innate and learned abilities. They come fitted with a natural compass to sense Earth’s magnetic field in order to stay on track.

Comment

• decentGuy
            decentGuy commented
            Editing a comment
            …………………...
        Working...
        X